To add Google to your Listing Scan:
1. Create a Project in the Google Developer Console.
a. Log into the Google Developer Console.
b. Click Library in the sidebar.
c. Click Select a project in the upper-left corner. A dialog box appears.
d. Click on the plus sign ().
e. Enter a Project name.
f. Click Create.
2. Enable the Google Places Web Service API.
a. Click Select a project in the upper-left corner. A dialog box appears.
b. Select your project and click Open.
c. Search for: Google Places API Web Service.
d. Click on the Google Places API Web Service card.
e. Click Enable.
3. Add credentials to your project.
a. Click on the Create credentials button on the right side of the page.
b. Click on the What credentials do I need? Button.
c. Click on the Restrict key link.
d. Enter a name for the key (e.g., Yext API Key).
e. Select IP addresses (web servers, cron jobs, etc.).
f. Enter the following IP addresses in separate text boxes. Press the enter key after adding each IP address to create a new text box.
g. Click Save.
4. Obtain your API key.
5. (Optional) Increase your quota.
- For each Listing Scan that you or your clients perform, the scan will generate 7 requests to the Google Places API. Google gives each account a quota of 1,000 requests per day free of charge.
- You can increase your quota to 150,000 requests per day by enabling billing in your project. For more information, see Google’s APIs and Billing article.
6. Add the API key to your Yext account.
a. Log into your Yext account.
Partner PortalNavigate to the Account tab in your portal and skip to step d.
b. Hover over your name in the top navigation bar and click Account Settings.
c. Click Account in the Partner Settings section of the sidebar.
d. Click on the Google Places API Key field and enter your API key.
e. Click Save.