Yext Knowledge Tags allows you to add schema as well as easily sync entity information from Yext to your website.
Note: In order to optimize the SEO benefits of Knowledge Tags, make sure that the following fields are populated with data in the Knowledge Graph: Name, Address, Phone, Photo Gallery (with at least one photo), Website URL, Hours, and Category.
To add Knowledge Tags:
- Click Pages in the top navigation bar.
- Click on the Knowledge Tags sub-tab.
- Click on the Add Knowledge Tags to Website button. A dialog box appears.
- Click on the Select Entity button and select the desired entity.
- If applicable, select your desired locale.
- If applicable, select your desired Conversion Tracking setting. For more information for enabling Conversion Tracking for Knowledge Tags, see Enable Click Tracking.
- To customize the schema.org markup, click on the Customize schema.org markup link. For more information on how to add custom schema.org markup to Knowledge Tags, see Customize Schema.org Markup Using Knowledge Tags.
- Obtain the
<script>tag and add it to the HTML of the desired webpage, ideally just before
- For more details on how to manipulate the script tag to account for multiple entities, or various locales, see the Working with Knowledge Tags guide.
Best PracticeThe schema should match the visual content on the page. Schema should be added to pages on your website where the primary purpose is to showcase a location, person, or event (e.g., pages that include name, address, phone number, hours, map).
- Set up Knowledge Sync.
- Obtain embed codes for the fields you would like powered by the Yext Knowledge Graph. To view additional entity fields, click on the More Fields link to visit the Working with Knowledge Tags guide.
- Add the embed codes wherever you would like them to appear on your website.
- Verify that schema was installed correctly.
- Visit Google’s Rich Results Test Tool.
- Enter a URL into the text box, and click TEST URL and verify that everything looks correct and that Google isn't giving you any errors.