Yext Knowledge Tags allows you to add schema as well as easily sync entity information from Yext to your website.
Note: In order to optimize the SEO benefits of Knowledge Tags, make sure that the following fields are populated with data in the Knowledge Graph: Name, Address, Phone, Photo Gallery (with at least one photo), Website URL, Hours, and Category.
To add Knowledge Tags:
- Click Pages in the navigation bar and click Knowledge Tags.
- Click on the Add Knowledge Tags to Website button.
- Click on the Select Entity button and select the desired entity.
- If applicable, select your desired locale.
- If applicable, select your desired Analytics Settings. For more information on enabling Conversion Tracking for Knowledge Tags, see Enable Click Tracking.
- To customize the schema.org markup, click on the Customize schema.org markup link. For more information, see Customize Schema.org Markup Using Knowledge Tags.
- Copy the
<script>tag and add it to the HTML of the desired webpage, ideally just before
- For more details on how to manipulate the script tag to account for multiple entities, or various locales, see the Working with Knowledge Tags guide.
Best PracticeThe schema should match the visual content on the page. Schema should be added to pages on your website where the primary purpose is to showcase a location, person, or event (e.g., pages that include name, address, phone number, hours, map).
- Set up Knowledge Sync.
- Obtain embed codes for the fields you would like powered by the Yext Knowledge Graph. To view additional entity fields, click on the More Fields link. Visit the Working with Knowledge Tags guide for more information.
- Add the embed codes wherever you would like them to appear on your website.
- Verify that schema was installed correctly.
- Click on the Check Schema.org Markup button. A dialog box appears.
- Enter a URL into the text box, and click Check Schema.org markup on Google. You will be redirected to Google’s Rich Results Test Tool.
- Verify that everything looks correct and that Google isn’t giving you any errors.