Yext Knowledge Tags allows you to add schema as well as easily sync entity (e.g., location or event) content from Yext to your website.
To add Knowledge Tags:
- Click Pages in the top navigation bar.
- Click on the Knowledge Tags sub-tab.
- Click on the Add Knowledge Tags to Website button. A dialog box appears.
- Add Schema Markup.
- Click on the Select Entity button and select the desired location.
- Obtain the Script Tag and add it to the source code of the desired webpage, ideally at the end of the <head> tag.
- To easily obtain script tags for each of your locations, replace the numbers after location_id= or event_id= with the relevant Store ID or Event ID.
- To create one script tag for one webpage that includes multiple locations, add multiple Store IDs to the script in the following format:
Best PracticeAdd schema to the page on your website where the primary purpose is to showcase a location or event (e.g., pages that include name, address, phone number, hours, map).
- Set up Knowledge Sync.
- Obtain embed codes for the fields you would like powered by the Yext Knowledge Manager. To view additional location fields, click on the More Fields link.
- Add the embed codes wherever you would like them to appear on your website.
- Verify that schema is installed correctly.
- Visit Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool.
- Enter a URL into the text box, and click RUN TEST.
- Click on the Scan URL button and enter the URL of the webpage to confirm that the installation was successful.
- Note: If schema is successfully installed, you will see your location or event information listed in the right panel of the Google Structured Testing Tool.