You have the ability to flag first party reviews that are unrelated to the location, or contain inappropriate content or spam. Once a review is flagged, Yext will review the request and send you an email within two business days letting you know whether the review was removed. This article covers how to flag first party reviews, and provides additional guidelines for flagging reviews.
Flag a first party review
- Click Reviews in the top navigation bar.
- Click on the Monitoring sub-tab.
- Locate the review you want to flag. For guidelines on which reviews to flag, see below.
- Click on the drop-down button next to Respond, and select Flag.
- Select the reason you are flagging the review, and click Flag Review.
- Note: All flagged reviews will be marked as Flagged in the Review Details pop-up window.
Guidelines for flagging reviews
- Review contains inappropriate, hateful, or violent content.
- Sexual connotations
- Hate speech
- Negative remarks about an employee of the business
- Review contains advertising or spam.
- Bulk messaging
- Harmful links
- Content promoting another business
- Review is not related to the location.
- Content that is about a different location
- Content not related to the business