You have the ability to flag first party reviews that are unrelated to the entity, or contain inappropriate content or spam. Once a review is flagged, it will be immediately unpublished and submitted for review. Then, a member of the Yext team will review the request, and once the request is complete, the review will either be reinstated to its pre-flagged status (Live or Quarantined), or be removed. This article covers how to flag first party reviews, and provides additional guidelines for flagging reviews.
To flag a first party review:
- Hover over Reviews in the top navigation bar and click on the Monitoring sub-tab.
- Locate the review you want to flag. For guidelines on which reviews to flag, see below.
- Click on the drop-down button next to Respond, and select Flag.
- If you don’t see the Flag option, you may have selected a third party review from a publisher instead of a first party review generated through Yext, or you may not have permission to flag reviews.
- If you see the Flag button but it’s grayed out, this means the review has already been flagged or removed.
- Select the reason you are flagging the review, and click Flag Review.
- Note: All flagged reviews will be marked as Flagged in the Review Details pop-up window.
Guidelines for flagging reviews
- Review contains inappropriate, hateful, or violent content.
- Sexual connotations
- Hate speech
- Negative remarks about an employee of the business
- Review contains advertising or spam.
- Bulk messaging
- Harmful links
- Content promoting another business
- Review is not related to the entity.
- Content that is about a different entity
- Content not related to the business
- Review for a Healthcare entity type that contains personally identifiable information (PII) which could potentially identify an individual.
- Phone Number
- Health Record
- Social Security Number