With the Yext Knowledge Assistant, you can make updates to your digital knowledge on the go, directly from your smartphone — without needing to log in. You can add photos, update hours of operation, see and respond to reviews, and more.
This article explains how to enable SMS and Facebook Messenger interactions, so you are able to send messages to the Knowledge Assistant.
To prompt other users to set up Knowledge Assistant without them needing to log into Yext, visit Upload Users to Knowledge Assistant in Bulk.
- Hover over your name in the top navigation bar and click Account Settings.
- Enable text message interactions.
- Click + Add Number in the Knowledge Assistant Settings section at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the phone number you would like to use to interact with the Knowledge Assistant.
- Select the checkbox to opt into text messages.
- Click Verify Phone Number. A dialog box appears.
- You will receive a text message with a verification code.
- Enter the verification code in the text box and click Submit Code.
- (Recommended) Save the phone number as a contact in your phone to easily make updates with the Knowledge Assistant in the future.
- Enable Facebook Messenger interactions.
- Select + Link Facebook Account.
- Click Send to Messenger.
- Log into the Facebook account you would like to use to interact with Knowledge Assistant.
- Choose a platform preference for Yext-initiated interactions.
- Click on the Platform Preference field.
- Click Unspecified and select your preferred platform.
- Click Save.
- Select the type of interactions you'd like to allow.
- Click on the Allowed Interactions field.
- Click Allow or Do not allow accordingly for each interaction type.
- Click Save.
- To enable Yext-initiated interactions, add yourself as the Knowledge Assistant Primary Contact for the desired entity. To do so, follow the steps below or visit Assign a Primary Contact to Knowledge Assistant for more detailed instructions.
Note: Only one contact can be set per entity.
- Click Knowledge Manager in the top navigation bar and select the desired location.
- In the Knowledge Assistant section, add yourself as the primary contact.
- Click on the Holiday Hours Confirmation, Review Response, and Knowledge Nudge fields to turn each interaction on.
To opt out of Yext-initiated interactions, respond “STOP” at any time, or navigate to the Knowledge Assistant section of your Personal Settings.