Custom fields can be used to add additional information to the entities in your account for internal use, as well as to power content on your Pages and Search experiences. You can also sync custom fields to certain Google, Facebook, and Yelp fields, using the Publisher Configuration feature. This article explains how to create a custom field.
To add Custom Fields:
- Click Content in the navigation bar and click Configuration.
- Click Fields.
- Click on the + Create Custom Field button.
Click Select Field Type and select the type of custom field you would like to create.
- You can select from a series of built-in field types, Rich Text fields, or custom field types. To learn more about custom field types, see Add Custom Field Types.
- Enter a name for the field.
To add a translation for the Field Name, or other eligible text fields, click on the + Add Translation link. A dialog box appears. Select the language of the translation from the drop-down menu, and enter the translation into the text box. Then click Save or Save & Add Another.
- Note: The system will not translate this content for you. In order to display translations, you must enter your desired translation for each language.
- To add a translation for the Field Name, or other eligible text fields, click on the + Add Translation link. A dialog box appears. Select the language of the translation from the drop-down menu, and enter the translation into the text box. Then click Save or Save & Add Another.
- Click Select Entity Types and select the entity types that this custom field will be available for.
- If applicable, click Modify to adjust the validations for the field, then click Apply.
(Optional) Enter a Tooltip Description.
- This description will appear when users click on the question mark icon next to the custom field name.
- To add a translation for the Tooltip Description, click on the + Add Translation link and follow the steps to add translations for the desired languages.
- (Optional) Select the desired Custom Field Permission Group to add the field to a Custom Field Group.
- (Optional) Select the Alternate Language Behavior for the custom field.
- Note: This option is only visible in accounts that have the multi-language profile feature enabled.
Enterprise Customers: To specify the assets that users can see when editing this field, authorize asset labels.
- Enter the first few letters of each label name and select from the list that appears.
- Click Save Field or Save and Add Another.