This guide covers how to export your entity (e.g., location or event) information from the Yext platform into a spreadsheet. You can create a custom export, use one of our export templates formatted for third party platforms, schedule future exports, and more.
Small Business Customers
- You must enable the Entity Export feature in your Account Settings.
- If you only have one entity in your account, you must also create your export through your Account Settings:
- Hover over your name in the top navigation bar and select Account Settings. Then click Manage Saved Exports in the sidebar, click + Create a custom export, and skip to step 4 below.
- Click Knowledge Manager in the top navigation bar.
- Select the entities you would like to export. Otherwise, all entities will be exported.
- Note: Only one entity type can be exported at one time.
- Click on the More Actions button and select Export Entities.
- Review the Data Format and File Format of your export.
- To make changes, click on the Edit button for the desired setting. Then click Save.
- Click Continue.
- (Optional): Select an Export Scheme to export the data in a specific format.
- Select the checkboxes next to the fields you would like to add to the export.
- (Optional) To reorder the fields, click Actions next to the desired field, and select Configure. Then type in any text into the Column Name textbox.
- (Optional) To rename the column names, click Actions next to the desired field, and select Configure. Then type in any text into the Column Name textbox.
- Click Continue to export your entity information.
- (Optional) To save your export for the future, enter an Export Name, and click Save Export.