You have the ability to change the entity type for a desired entity. For example, if you have a Location in the platform that you would like to change to a Healthcare Facility. Changing the entity type will give you access to industry specific fields, such as Insurance Accepted, Conditions Treated, and many more. This article explains how to change the entity type for an existing entity. To create a new entity, see Add a single entity.
Warning: Data within fields shared between the source and destination entity type will be transferred over when switching entity types. However, data within fields that are not shared between the source and destination entity type will be permanently lost.
To change entity type:
- Click Knowledge Graph in the navigation bar and click Entities.
- Click on the entity you would like to edit.
- To edit multiple entities at once, visit the Edit Entities in Bulk article.
- Click on the Select Action button in the top right corner, and select Change Entity Type. A dialog box appears.
- Click on the drop-down button and select your desired entity type.
- This list will only display entity types you have enabled in your account. To enable more entity types in your account, see Enable Entity Types.
- A Healthcare Professional entity cannot be changed to another entity type.
- Click Save to change your entity type.
Note: There are limitations around which entity types can be changed to other entity types. If you see an error message after you select a specific entity type, it likely means you selected an entity type that is not compatible for the current entity to be changed to.
Please sign in to leave a comment.