The Holiday Hours feature allows you to specify your business hours on days when your business has an irregular schedule, like holidays or special events. This article covers how to use a spreadsheet to add Holiday Hours for your business. If you prefer to do this manually, see Add Holiday Hours.
For more details on setting up your spreadsheet, see the Set up your Spreadsheet section below.
To upload Holiday Hours:
- Click Content in the navigation bar and click Entities.
- Click on the + Add Content button. A dialog box appears.
- Click Entity Upload.
- Click on the Choose File button to upload your spreadsheet. See the attachment below for an upload template.
- (Optional) If you have a previously saved Holiday Hours configuration, select Select Configuration and select it from the list; otherwise, you will create a new configuration.
- Click Continue.
- Match the columns from your file to the relevant Yext Holiday Hour Fields by selecting the desired field from each relevant drop-down.
(Optional) To update the data cleansing rules, click Edit to the right of each column and select your preferred option.
- Note: When uploading columns with split Holiday Hours, you must uncheck the box next to Comma so the uploader can read each set of hours in this field. This must be done for each row that contains split hours in your spreadsheet.
- Click Continue.
- Follow the steps in the platform until your upload has been completed. For more information, see Add and Edit Entities Through Spreadsheet Upload.
Set Up Your Spreadsheet
Yext ID and Entity ID
- Your Yext ID is the same as your Location ID.
- Enter the Yext ID or Entity ID for each entity. While both columns are in the template, only one is required.
- To easily locate the correct ID, see Export Entities.
- Enter the date you would like to specify hours for.
- Acceptable input: MM/DD/YYYY
- Specify your business hours. If the hours are the same as your normal business hours, leave the cell blank.
- Acceptable inputs: closed, 3:00 PM, 3:00 pm, 1500, 15:00
- For 24 hours, input 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- When specifying split hours, you must input each holiday’s respective date and times in separate columns (see example template)
Specify your business hours. If the hours are the same as your normal business hours, leave the cell blank.
- Enter the sets of hours separated by commas. E.g., 08:00AM-01:00PM, 02:00PM-05:00PM