Yext’s APIs give you programmatic control of your brand’s facts, the people who manage them, and the places they appear to consumers.
For all of the information that you need to get started, visit our Documentation Portal at https://hitchhikers.yext.com/docs/. This is our dedicated resource for those looking to integrate with the Yext APIs, and it contains our API documentation, guides, best practices, and other helpful information.
While all of the following information is detailed in our Developer Portal, below is an overview of the capabilities of our Knowledge API, Live API, and Answers API -- three of our main offerings.
Add, update, or remove your brand facts across all your business applications. Some of the Knowledge API endpoints include:
- Entities - Create, Delete, and Update Entity Content across different object types:
- Location, Event, Healthcare Professional, Healthcare Facility, ATM, Restaurant, Custom Entities, etc.
- Listings - Monitor Entity Listings
- Reviews - Monitor, Respond, and Generate Customer Reviews
- Analytics - Build and Receive Performance Metrics
- Account Settings - Manage Users
Pull your brand facts from the Knowledge Graph to any user-facing applications, such as store locators or mobile apps, in real-time. Some of the Live API endpoints include:
- Entities - Publish any entity content
- Bios - Publish your people bios
- Products - Publish your products & services lists
- Events - Publish your calendars of events
Note: Access to the Live API is available with Pages, or as an add-on to your existing subscription.
With the Spring ‘21 Release, we are making the Answers API available to allow for a more flexible implementation of the Answers product.
Developers can build on top of the Answers REST API for complete customization of the Answers Experience, or if they want to use Answers for a separate use case.
The Answers API will enable you to:
- Build Answers into a chatbot
- Build Answers outside of web apps
More detailed Answers API Documentation will be available with the Spring ‘21 Release.
As you get ready to integrate with Yext via our APIs, the guides on hitchhikers.yext.com will walk you through our best practices and formatting conventions.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Client Success Manager or submit a request using this form and select Developers in the ‘What area of the platform do you need help with?’ section.