The below features are available as part of Yext's Spring '18 Release. Unless otherwise noted, all features are available globally.
Yext customers can gain early access to these features by visiting Account Settings, clicking Account Features in the left sidebar, and toggling the features on in their accounts.
- New Knowledge Assistant Skills
- Ask the Knowledge Assistant for Information
- UK Phone Number for Knowledge Assistant
- New Knowledge Assistant Onboarding Flow
- Enhanced Entity Upload
- Enhanced Notification Setup & Settings
- Folder Management Updates
- Shareable Filtered URLs
- Search Enhanced Content Lists by Title
- Export Users
- In-Platform Product Guides
- PowerListingsⓇ Network Updates
- Updates to Social Posts History
- Changes to User-Generated Content (UGC) Functionality on Instagram
- API Updates
- Templated Review Response
- Review Response on Yelp for Mutual Enterprise Customers
- Review Generation now supports Transaction ID Field
- API Updates
The Knowledge Assistant is now even smarter! You can now use the Knowledge Assistant to update more information on the go, without logging in or downloading an app. Use the Knowledge Assistant to:
Update your hours.
Previously, the Knowledge Assistant could update your holiday hours for specific date(s) in the future. Now, you can also ask the Knowledge Assistant to update your standard business hours.
Update your Featured Message.
Change your special offer on the go. The Knowledge Assistant can update your Featured Message text and URL, so you can point consumers to the offer of your choice on supported PowerListingsⓇ Network publishers.
Update your logo.
From seasonal tweaks to full rebrands, logo changes are a breeze with the Knowledge Assistant.
Update your Facebook Profile or Cover Photo.
Highlight seasonal branding or showcase new products by updating your Facebook Cover or Profile Photo on the go.
Update your Google Profile or Cover Photo.
Ensure Google users see your latest imagery.
Update your headshot.
You can change your personal profile pic on the go — why should your professional headshot be any different? Professionals with records in Yext, like doctors, insurance agents, or financial advisors, can update their headshots with ease.
Upload photos to custom photo fields.
If you sync custom photo fields from the Knowledge Manager to Yext-powered Pages, the Knowledge Assistant can now automatically update those photos. Simply ask the Knowledge Assistant to "upload a photo," and you'll see a list of the fields you can update — including any custom photo fields you have enabled in your account.
With the updates above, showing consumers the latest information across the digital universe is easier than ever — but you still need to protect your brand. For all the commands it supports, the Knowledge Assistant also maps to any approvals workflows you have enabled in your account. So, if a field user asks the Knowledge Assistant to "Update my logo", the change they suggest will flow to the same approver(s) as it would if they suggested that change in the Yext dashboard.
PACKAGE: Base; Reviews-related questions require Professional or higher packages
The Knowledge Assistant can now help you understand what customers see about your business and how it's performing! You can now ask the Knowledge Assistant:
"Show me my hours."
Can't remember if you updated your store hours last week? The Knowledge Assistant will tell you your current business hours.
"Show me my phone number."
Want to double-check the contact info consumers see for your business? The Knowledge Assistant will tell you your current phone number.
"How many profile views do I have?"
How many times are consumers seeing your business across the digital ecosystem? The Knowledge Assistant will tell you how many profile views you received across the PowerListingsⓇ Network during the last full week for which we have data. You can then specify whether you'd like to see a different time range, like "last month" or "January 15 to March 15".
"What’s my average rating?"
Understand how consumers are rating your business. You can also specify if you want to see your average rating for all the entities you have stored in Yext; for specific entities; and/or for a specific time period, like "last month" or "last week".
"How many reviews do I have?"
If you're trying to get more reviews, you can check in on your progress by asking the Knowledge Assistant. Specify if you want to see your review count for all the entities you have stored in Yext; for specific entities; and/or the number of reviews you received within a specific time period, like "last month" or "last week".
"Show me my reviews."
It's not just your ratings that matter. Want to see the content of reviews that consumers leave of your business? Ask the Knowledge Assistant and see the full text of the 3 most recent reviews you've received. You can then specify whether you’d like to see additional reviews to keep reading.
For each of these commands, if you have access to multiple entities in Yext, the Knowledge Assistant will ask you whether you want to see information about all your entities, or specific entities.
The Knowledge Assistant now has a UK phone number, which means UK users do not have to pay international texting rates to contact the Knowledge Assistant via text message.
It's now easier to get franchisees, agents, advisors, or other local users started with the Knowledge Assistant.
In the Spring '18 Release, we've also streamlined the Knowledge Assistant onboarding flow, so you can more easily roll out the Knowledge Assistant to your local users.
Previously, any Yext user who wanted to use the Knowledge Assistant had to log in to the Yext dashboard and opt in to communications. This required that local users log in to the Yext dashboard themselves. Now, corporate users can add local users' information and tell them about the Knowledge Assistant via email. Those local users can then message the Knowledge Assistant directly without needing to log in to the Yext dashboard.
To get started with this new onboarding flow, visit Account Settings > Knowledge Manager. From there, you'll be prompted to:
- Upload a CSV of your local users' Yext User IDs and confirm your upload.
- Those users will receive an email about the Knowledge Assistant, each with a custom code.
- Those users can then message their code to the Knowledge Assistant via SMS or Facebook Messenger.
- They will then be registered with the Knowledge Assistant!
In order to receive proactive messages from the Knowledge Assistant (prompts to update holiday hours or notifications when customers leave reviews), corporate users will need to assign a Knowledge Assistant contact for each entity.
You can now more easily upload new entities to the Knowledge Manager. Customers with tens, hundreds, or even thousands of entities loaded into Yext can now update their full entity list by uploading a CSV directly into the Yext dashboard. This update makes it far easier to ensure the data in Yext matches your core list of entities that may be stored in a different system at your business.
Template Format Guidance
Start your upload by visiting Account Settings > Data File Uploads, or from the Knowledge Manager tab by clicking Add Entity > Manage Data Files. From there, you can learn about the template format requirements, so you can ensure your CSV is formatted properly for a seamless upload experience.
Once you upload your CSV, Yext will automatically map the columns in your CSV with fields in Yext. You'll be prompted to confirm this mapping before moving forward.
For non-English-speaking users, the upload tool can process non-English column headers. You can indicate your preferred header language during the Upload File step.
Add Labels or Folders During Upload
During the upload process, you can choose whether to add any entities to a folder or add a label to those entities. This includes:
- New entities which appear in your CSV, but do not currently exist in the Knowledge Manager
- Existing entities which appear in both your CSV and the Knowledge Manager at current
- Missing entities which do not appear in your CSV, but which do currently exist in the Knowledge Manager
Resolve Errors or Discrepancies In the Dashboard
Yext will analyze your CSV and show you a Fix Errors step if needed. If you do need to resolve any discrepancies in your CSV, you can do that directly inside the Yext dashboard without needing to go back and edit the CSV directly.
See a Summary & Confirm Changes
Finally, you'll see a summary of how your CSV differs from the current data inside the Knowledge Manager, so you can confirm those changes.
- Click Submit, and watch your data update in the Knowledge Manager and on any Yext-powered listings or pages.
- You can also save your configuration for next time, so you don’t have to manually map your spreadsheet columns again upon a subsequent upload.
Once you upload your CSV and confirm, the upload will take place in the background, and you are free to complete other tasks inside or outside the Yext Knowledge Manager while the upload occurs.
Manual Review for Drastic Changes
If you upload a file that drastically differs from the data you have stored inside the Knowledge Manager, this will automatically create a ticket for Yext to approve that change. This functionality is meant to protect your brand from unwarranted or erroneous updates. Updates that may need to be manually approved include:
- Full rebrands (e.g. the name of every entity has changed)
- Closures or openings of more than 20% of the entities inside your account
View Upload History
You can see a history of all the uploads you've made in the Data File Uploads screen.
You can now create Notifications more seamlessly across the Yext platform.
PACKAGE: Base; notifications for individual product areas may require higher packages (e.g. review notifications require a package that include Review Monitoring)
Notifications help keep all your users updated about the state of your Yext account without requiring them to log in. With the Spring '18 Release, we’ve overhauled the Yext Notification Center to increase consistency of notifications across the Yext platform; make it easier to manage notifications for groups of individual users or roles; and to give more visibility to users about the types of notifications they can expect to receive from Yext.
It’s now easier to set notifications up for items across Yext products.
To set up a new notification or check the status of notifications you already have enabled, visit Account Settings > Notification Settings. From there, you can:
1. Select the Yext product for which you’d like to set up a notification.
2. Easily select the individual notification you’d like to enable.
3. Choose the format for your notification. For example, you can choose to have new review(s) included inside your notification email, have them attached as a spreadsheet, or both.
4. Choose how often you’d like to receive the notification.
5. Choose who you’d like to receive the notification. You can set this up via specific users and/or email addresses, or by selecting specific user roles that you have set up in your account.
6. Finally, you can now customize the body of the email notification! This gives you more control over the communications that your local users receive from the Yext platform. Please note that choosing to customize the text of the email means that the email will no longer be automatically translated.
You can now also set up notifications from individual product tabs inside the Yext dashboard. On relevant tabs, you’ll see the Notification icon below, which will guide you to set up notifications without needing to visit Account Settings.
It's now easier to set up and manage the folder structure you use to organize entities in Yext.
Folders provide Yext users with an easy way to organize the entities they have stored in the Knowledge Manager. But, not all entities are the same: perhaps you want to organize your Locations by country, and into state subfolders, but your Events by whether or not they accept tickets.
With the Spring '18 Release, you can now choose to apply different folder structures to different entity types. You can also now set folders up in bulk!
To get started, visit Account Settings > Manage Folders.
First, you’ll be able to set a Universal Folder Structure (all entities stored in the same structure) or an Entity-Type Specific Folder Structure.
Then, build your folder structure:
Many tabs inside the Yext dashboard allow you to filter the information you see by location, folder, or date/time range. Beginning April 30, you'll be able to share specific views of your Yext data with those filters applied by simply copying and pasting the URL from your browser.
Beginning April 30, when you're logged in to the Yext dashboard, the URL fragments you see inside your browser will reflect any filters you've applied to the current tab. So, when you send that URL to another user, the view they see when they click it will show the same filters that you've applied.
If you have many Enhanced Content Lists (ECLs) loaded into the Knowledge Manager — like Menus or Products & Services lists — you can now find the exact ECL you want by searching for its title.
Enhanced Content Lists (ECLs) allow you to store lists like your Menus, Products & Services, and Staff Bios inside the Knowledge Manager and publish those lists to Yext-powered listings and pages that support them.
With the Spring '18 Release, it's now easier to navigate to specific ECLs by searching for their title, so you can update your data more quickly.
When you have more than 1 of any ECL type stored inside the Knowledge Manager, you'll now see a new search bar above the ECL section. You can type the title of your ECL (e.g. "Fall Menu") into that search bar to quickly navigate to a specific ECL.
You can now export basic information about your account's users into a CSV.
To get new users onboarded with the Knowledge Assistant, you'll need to provide a list of those users' Yext user IDs. You can now retrieve that list easily by exporting it into a CSV.
To export your users, visit Account Settings > User Management. You'll see a new Export Users button at the top of the screen.
When you click Export Users, you'll receive a CSV download of User IDs, Names, Email Addresses, and Usernames for current users of your Yext account.
Beginning April 24 for direct customers and May 22 for partners and customers of partners, you'll see a new in-platform pop-up, where you can access step-by-step feature walkthroughs, help articles, and more. Unlike most of the other features in these Release Notes, you will not need to toggle this feature on — you’ll see it appear automatically.
Hover over the question mark to see all the resources available to you.
PACKAGE: Noted below
CHANNEL: Noted below
We're proud to continue enhancing the PowerListingsⓇ Network with new integrations that drive breadth, speed, and accuracy for our customers’ brands in search today. Changes to our network include:
- Google My Business
- API V4.1
- With GMB API V4.1, brands can gain new insight and bring a new level of detail to consumers. We're excited to bring you enhancements to your GMB listings management via the Yext platform, including Business Description.
- Brands can now provide a description about themselves (by location) to share its unique history and attract more customers. This description is incremental to any existing editorial description and will appear in the 'About' tab of the listing.
- If a brand has an existing business description in Knowledge Manager, this will be automatically populated. This field has a limit of 750 characters.
- Other Updates
- Eligible businesses in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand may now showcase menus of their services in Google Search results. Business categories may include Advertising Agencies, Barber Shops, Gas Stations, Hair Salons, Opticians, Taxi Services, Wedding Venues, and many more.
- Brands can leverage Yext's Products and Services ECL to update their services menus on Google.
- Please note, customers outside the above categories or English-speaking locales are not eligible.
- API V4.1
- Facebook and Foursquare are now included in the Starter Package.
- AllergyEats is a restaurant directory, created to help consumers with food allergies and intolerances quickly and easily find restaurants that will help accommodate their individual dietary needs. Yext customers can manage and update critical information about their restaurants — like their website URL, lat/long, and most importantly, their menus — on AllergyEats in real-time.
- Please note, customers must have the Yext for Food Add-On to take advantage of this publisher and its functionality.
- WhitePages, 411, and Yellowise are no longer part of the PowerListingsⓇ Network in the United States.
DACH (Austria, Germany, Switzerland)
- Yext customers can now manage the facts about their business, like for their locations in the DACH Region on Koomio.com. Koomio.com is a German online business directory that supports rich knowledge like photos, videos, and hours of operation, as well as features like Featured Message and Duplicate Suppression.
- Eirphonebook and GoldenPages.ie are no longer part of the PowerListingsⓇ Network in Ireland.
- imones.lt is a Lithuanian online business directory. Yext customers can update the facts about their business, like hours of operation, photos, videos, and more, for their locations in Lithuania. imones.lt also supports features, including Featured Message.
- Torget.se is no longer part of the PowerListingsⓇ Network in Sweden.
CHANNEL: ENT and PAR only
Customers may now view their Social Post history in their Yext dashboards up to 8 months prior, instead of 12 months prior.
CHANNEL: Direct customers of Yext
As of April 24, 2018, users will no longer be able to Like, Comment on, or Share Instagram content from the User-Generated Content tab in the Yext dashboard. This change is due to API adjustments made by Facebook.
PACKAGE: Starter and higher
Due to the notification enhancements to Knowledge Manager, we will be discontinuing support for the Listings Live notification.
Yext customers now have the option to filter by different listings statuses (e.g. live, unavailable, processing, etc.) using the status query parameter for the Listing: List endpoint. You can leverage these statuses to optimize query outputs and minimize API calls.
Customers using the Listing: List endpoint can now determine whether or not their unavailable listings are actionable with the following outputs: location ID, unavailable reason, and actionable flag (TRUE/FALSE). You can use the actionable insights to proactively let your users know which of their listings require additional care.
For Partners using the Listing: List endpoint, you can now add /all/ to your PowerListings Status endpoint. By adding this macro to your API call, you can receive listings information for any sub-accounts you may have and gain a bird's-eye view of the status of your clients' listings more efficiently.
To receive API updates like these in your inbox, visit Yext’s Developer Blog and subscribe to our newsletter.
We continue to improve Knowledge Tags according to Schema.org and local search updates so that your website is always up to date with the latest SEO best practices. We've also provided additional flexibility to updating the visual content on the page.
PACKAGE: Add-on to Base
You can now sync any text, image, list or URL field (including Custom Fields) in the Knowledge Manager onto your website using Knowledge Tags!
- Add "Popular product" lists, Custom URLs, Images of your location and more to your website.
- Yext can now be used as your data CMS to update any of the visual content on your website.
Phone numbers synced from the Knowledge Manager are now automatically formatted (for all localities) for your website for a better end user experience.
Knowledge Tags now append the schema for Address 1 and Address 2 so that Google and other search engines can index your full addresses and surface them to your consumers.
Knowledge Tags has always automatically picked the right localBusiness schema category based on the Primary Business Category in Yext. Now, you have the ability to override that category using advanced category management.
You can also now customize the text on Call-To-Action buttons for any URL-based field in Yext, including Driving Directions.
Servers in Germany and Japan allow for faster page load times in those markets.
PACKAGE: Any package that includes Pages
CHANNEL: Direct customers of Yext
For Yext customers who have Pages for locations in Germany and Japan, those Pages can now be hosted on servers in those respective countries. This allows for faster page load times, which drives a better consumer experience.
- Both static and dynamic page content can be hosted locally in Germany and Japan. For example, a dynamic store locator page will pull location data from a local version of the Live API.
- Schema.org tagging and Knowledge Tags are not yet hosted locally in Germany and Japan. Clients who call Yext's Live API directly will also still be calling the US version of the Live API.
Create templated review responses in assets and use them to quickly respond to reviews.
Templated responses will help businesses scale their response strategy by allowing you to natively store pre-built text in the asset manager and build a library of review response templates. Response templates allow customers to speed up review response workflows and adhere to company policies.
Before using this feature, please consider the following:
- Text assets must have the label "ReviewResponse" applied to them to use as responses
- Applies to text type assets only
- For users that must submit their review responses through an approvals flow, using an asset for response will bypass this process
- *This feature will not be usable on Yelp reviews*
1. Create a text asset (Knowledge Manager / Assets) with the "ReviewResponse" label applied:
2. In the review detail view (Reviews / Response / Click on a review), click the button.
3. Select the response asset of your choice as your review response, then submit:
Certain mutual enterprise customers (MECs) of Yext + Yelp can now respond to Yelp reviews directly from the Yext platform.
PACKAGE: Ultimate, plus Yelp paying customer
Customers that are both Enterprise Yext customers and paying Yelp customers can now respond to Yelp reviews directly from the Yext platform. These reviews will automatically be posted to Yelp.
To get started with this functionality, make sure that your account (and locations) have a valid Yelp account linked. You can then go to the Monitoring Tab in Reviews and click the "Respond" button next to each Yelp review that appears on your Review Monitoring screen to reply.
You can now incorporate Transaction ID information to help track your review generation efforts.
It's important that when you ask for first-party reviews, you make those requests to verified customers. To help track that your review generation emails are sent to verified customers, you can now associate a review invitation with a specific transaction. If a review generation email results in a review, you can view the Transaction ID on that review.
This update enables you both to store verifying information that first-party reviews were written by actual customers, and to gain context around which transactions resulted in which reviews.
The Spring '18 Release includes the below Reviews-related updates to Yext's APIs. To receive updates like these in your inbox, visit Yext's Developer Blog and subscribe to our newsletter.
- You can now flag first-party reviews via the Knowledge API.
- We've also added Review Benchmarking data to the Scan API.
Yext can now automatically identify your local competitors with the new Local Pack Competitors insight.
PACKAGE: Ultimate (also available with the Competitive Intelligence Add-on)
We’ve continued to shed light on the competitive landscape by adding functionality to the Competitive Intelligence feature, initially launched with the Winter ’18 release.
With the Spring '18 Release, Yext will now automatically identify the competitors that show up most frequently in the local pack for all searches that the Search Tracker runs on your behalf.
- This insight can now be found on the Search Tracker overview screen under the Analytics tab.
- You can also add this insight to any custom Analytics dashboards and create automatic notifications.
- You can also use the data gathered to inform competitor choices in Competitive Intelligence for a highly localized view of the competitive landscape. For example, there may be a company that continuously appears alongside your business in local search results, but that you didn’t know about earlier.
- Changes to Custom Fields now appear in the Activity Log for a full audit of updates within the Yext platform.
- New "Website Traffic" default dashboard for Pages/Knowledge Tags customers
- We will remove the "Return to Legacy Dashboard" option on the Analytics Dashboard tab, however, all legacy insights can be added to the new dashboards through report builder.
PACKAGE: The App Directory is available in Base; however, some apps may only be leveraged in conjunction with higher packages. International app availability depends on the app's ability to support customers in your market.
We continue to partner with some of the biggest enterprise platforms to bring you new ways to transfer your digital knowledge to and from Yext. Connect Yext with these systems to maximize efficiency, maintain accuracy across platforms, and become a more intelligent enterprise.
New apps in the Spring '18 Release include:
Traffic Booster by StoreYa: Sync Yext data with Traffic Booster to automate your AdWords campaigns.
- StoreYa's expert marketing team can help you build personalized campaigns for your business on Google AdWords to boost sales, increase leads, and generate high-quality traffic to your website. In conjunction with their smart algorithm, which optimizes bids and matches keywords and ads with relevant pages on your site, you can get the most impactful, cost-effective campaigns at any given moment.
- Sync Yext and the Traffic Booster app to help automate your StoreYa campaign setup. The Traffic Booster app syncs data you already store in Yext, including Phone, Business Name, Country, Website URL, Country Code, and Zip Code, to the StoreYa platform.
- To install this app, you must have a login to the StoreYa platform, as well as a Yext account with a subscription to the Base Package.
- StoreYa currently supports businesses in the United States and Europe.
Trustpilot Reviews by Trustpilot: Invite your customers to leave Trustpilot Reviews, now through the Yext Platform.
- Trustpilot is an online review community that helps consumers make better purchasing decisions and helps businesses showcase – and improve – their services. Trustpilot makes it easy for businesses to collect honest feedback from their customers, as well as leverage those reviews to drive traffic, increase conversions, and grow revenue.
- The Trustpilot Reviews app helps you manage your review invitations on Yext. Once you've installed the app, simply upload your Customer Email List to Yext and select Trustpilot as the Review Destination. Trustpilot will then invite customers to share their experience with your business on Trustpilot.com. You may also choose to showcase these reviews on your website.
- To install this app, you'll need a Yext account with a subscription to the Ultimate package, as well as a Trustpilot account with login credentials. If you don’t have one, you can sign up for free to get started – just remember to come back to install the app once you’ve created a Trustpilot login.
- Trustpilot currently supports businesses in North America, Europe, and Australia.
Proofpoint Social Patrol by Proofpoint: Enhance protection of your Yext Pages by monitoring their URLs through Proofpoint.
- Proofpoint Social Patrol provides real-time protection and compliance supervision for branded social media accounts across all major social networks. Their patent-pending technology helps detect account hacks, lock down compromised accounts, remove malicious content, control connected applications, prevent phishing, and reduce compliance costs.
- The Proofpoint Social Patrol app does two things:
- 1) It places a Patrol Install Link into a custom field for every location stored in Yext.
- 2) It pulls the Yext locations into Social Patrol so joint customers can monitor them alongside their social media accounts.
- To install this app, you must have login access to the Proofpoint product, as well as a Yext account with a subscription to the Starter Package or higher.
- Proofpoint currently supports businesses around the globe.
Yext Partners who use Yext's scan tool can now update the default business name in their scan.
PACKAGE: All Partner Packages
Prior to the Spring '18 Release, the default business name that appeared in the Partner scan was 'Dan’s Coffee.' Now, Partners can update the default business name to one that is more relevant to their clients. For example, if the majority of their clients are in the healthcare industry, a Partner could change the default business name in their scan to 'Doctor Smith's Practice.'
Partners operating internationally can choose to set the language of the default text in the scan as well. Please note there is a limit of one language; text cannot be translated into multiple languages at once.
Partners can now customize the body text and signature of the scan results email that a client receives after scanning their business.
PACKAGE: All Partner Packages
To personalize prospecting and outreach, Yext Partners can now customize the email body and signature of the scan results email that a client receives after scanning their business.
Below is an example of a customized scan results email:
UTM Params, including utm_source, utm_medium, and utm_campaign, will be added to the scan, as well as to the Salesforce and HubSpot Lead Generation apps in the App Directory.
PACKAGE: All Partner Packages
Three new URL parameters, including utm_source, utm_medium, and utm_campaign, have been added to the scan as part of the Spring '18 Release, as well as to the Salesforce and HubSpot Lead Generation apps in the Yext App Directory.
These parameters can accept any string, and Partners running any marketing campaigns for their clients can leverage them to gain deeper performance insight. For Partners leveraging the Salesforce and HubSpot Lead Generation apps, the UTM params will be mapped to the lead object, whenever someone scans their business.
For more information, see the Informational Demo Video.
Below is an example of scan results email that includes parameters.