If you are a service-area business or a business that does not have a brick-and-mortar location for customers to visit, you will want to add service areas to designate the specific areas you provide services to. In order to set up your Yext account, a street address is required, however, you also have the option to hide your street address so that your business can still appear on the map and be displayed in relevant searches based on your city and state.
To add service areas:
- Click Content in the navigation bar and click Entities.
- Click on the entity you would like to edit.
- Click on the Address field.
- Select the checkbox next to We deliver or provide service at customer locations.
- If applicable, select the checkbox next to Hide address in listing.
- Note: Only select this checkbox if you don't have a physical location for customers to visit. If you select this checkbox, you must also add a service area in order to push data to Google Business Profile and Bing.
- Click on the + Add Service Area link.
- Click on the drop-down button and select the type of service area you would like to add.
- If you are using the City or County service area, it's recommended to also specify the state. For example: "Springfield, IL" is more specific than just "Springfield".
- Note: Bing only accepts City service areas and does not support service areas outside the United States.
- Enter the appropriate service area in the text box.
- Click on the + Add Service Area link for each additional service area.
- Note: Google limits the number of service areas a business can list to 20.
- Click Save.
Note: Some publishers do not accept hidden addresses, so Yext will not be able to push content to those listings. These listings will be marked as Not Synced in the Yext platform.