If you are a service-area business, or a business that does not have a brick-and-mortar location for customers to visit, you will likely not have a street address to display on your listings. However, in order to set up your Yext account, a street address is required. Yext enables you to hide your street address so that your business can still appear on the map and be displayed in relevant searches based on your city and state.
To hide your street address:
- Click Knowledge Graph in the top navigation bar.
- Click Edit next to the desired entity.
- Click on the Address field.
- Select the checkbox next to Hide address in listing.
- If applicable, select the checkbox next to We deliver or provide service at customer locations and specify your service area by adding a list of cities or ZIPs:
- Click on the + Add Service Area link.
- Click Unspecified Service Area and select the type of service area you would like to add.
- Enter the appropriate service area in the text box.
- Click on the + Add Service Area link for each additional service area.
- Note: Google limits the number of service areas a business can list to 20.
- Click Save.
Note: Some publishers do not accept hidden addresses, so Yext will not be able to push content to those listings. These listings will be marked as Unavailable in the Yext platform.