If you are a service-area business, or a business that does not have a brick-and-mortar location for customers to visit, you will likely not have a street address to display on your listings. However, in order to set up your Yext account, a street address is required. Yext enables you to hide your street address so that your business can still appear on the map and be displayed in relevant searches based on your city and state.
To hide your street address:
- Click Knowledge Manager in the top navigation bar.
- Click Edit next to the desired location.
- Click on the Address field.
- Select the checkbox next to Hide address in listing.
- If applicable, select the checkbox next to We deliver or provide service at customer locations and specify your service area by adding a list of cities or ZIPs:
- Enter one city or ZIP you service into the text box and click Add.
- Only include the name of the city, don’t enter states or county names.
- Click Add for each additional city or ZIP.
- Click Save. Your street address will now be hidden from your listings.
Note: Some publishers do not accept hidden addresses, so Yext will not be able to push content to those listings. These listings will be marked as Unavailable in the Yext platform.