Entity Pages allow you to publish individual webpages for each Location, Event, or Healthcare Professional. To ensure a seamless experience for customers, these pages should live under the same domain as the rest of your website (e.g., companyname.com), even though they will be powered by Yext. This article explains how to set up a subdomain for each entity page. To create an entity page, see Create an Entity Page.
To set up a subdomain:
- Click Pages in the top navigation bar.
- Click on the Page Builder sub-tab.
- Click on the Edit button next to the desired template.
- Click Settings in the sidebar.
- Click Set Subdomain. A dialog box appears.
- Type your subdomain in the text box.
- Click Continue.
- Add your CNAME record to your DNS, and point it to the address provided in the platform.
- The address will have the following structure: yoursubdomain.yourdomain.com.site.scdn.net
- Click Close, I’ll check back later.
- Once your subdomain has been added to your DNS, follow steps 1-5 above to enter your subdomain in the template settings again. A green checkmark will appear indicating the CNAME is pointing to the correct address.
- It can take up to 24 hours for the CNAME to start pointing to the subdomain.
- Click Save my subdomain.
- Note: The subdomain cannot be changed once it is saved. A new template will need to be created.