Modules are segments of content that can be used to build your page. When adding modules to your page, there are a few different ways to choose which content they will display. You can choose to pull content from your entities. This means that each page will dynamically display entity-specific information like the location address, or the start time for an event. This will be the most common option, as these pages are intended to display information about each entity. You also have the option to add static content. This will allow you to display the same text on every page. More details for each option are listed below.
Note: Not all modules will have every option available. To identify which options are available for a specific field, click More options.
Use a constant value
- This allows you to display the same content in this field across all pages. Common examples include section headers or call to action buttons.
- For photo fields, you have the option to upload an image that will display across all pages. To do this, click Add Image and select a file from your computer, enter an image URL, or select an Asset.
Map to entity field
- This will pull information from the Knowledge Graph for the corresponding entity, so it will update dynamically on each page.
- If you want to view the entity in the Knowledge Graph you can click Edit Entity at the top of the page. This will open the Knowledge Graph to the entity you are viewing the page for. Note, this option is only available for Page Templates and not Static Pages.
- This option would be used for entity-specific information like address, phone number, etc.
- You can map to existing fields in the Knowledge Graph, or create custom fields if you would like to include information that is not already stored in the Knowledge Graph. To create a custom field, open the content mapping dropdown menu and click + Create Custom Field. This will open the Custom FIeld flow. For more details on creating custom fields, see Add Custom Fields.
- When you select a field to map to, you will see a preview of that content next to the field name in the sidebar. Once you click Save, the content will appear in the page preview on the right. If the field you selected does not have any content, the module field will not appear in the preview until the content is added in the Knowledge Graph.
- You have the option to select None when mapping to an entity field. This option allows you to leave the specific field blank.
Map to another entity
- This option will display information from one specific entity across all pages. Common examples include an image of the flagship location, corporate level branding, etc.
- When you select an entity and entity field to map to, and click Save, the content will appear in the page preview on the right. If the field you selected does not have any content, the module field will not appear in the preview until the content is added into the Knowledge Graph.
Modules will include a variety of different fields. If you don’t want to display a specific field within a module, you can delete the text within that field and click Save. Note, this is not supported for all modules.