Once you have set up your Conversion Actions, you will need to install the Conversion Tag on your website wherever your conversions take place in order to track conversion events. For example, you may want to install the tag so that it is loaded after a form is submitted, or when an order confirmation screen has loaded.
There are two ways to Install Conversion Tags. You can manually add the tag to your website, or you can use a Tag Manager. This article walks you through the steps to install Conversion Tags yourself.
To install Conversion Tags yourself:
- Click Analytics in the top navigation bar.
- Click on the Manage Conversions link.
- Click on the Conversion Tracking Setup button.
- Click on the desired Conversion Action.
- Click Install the tag yourself.
- If you are installing a Listings Conversion Tag, make sure you add the code to the page where customers are directed to from your listings.
To verify that the tag was installed correctly:
- Visit the page on your website where the tag was installed. This will load the tag in your browser.
- In your Yext account, click Analytics in the top navigation bar, then click on the Manage Conversions link.
- Confirm that the Conversion Action Status is Live.