This article provides an overview of the analytics that are available on your Answers experiences, and additional details on each insight.
To access your Answers analytics, click Answers in the top navigation bar.
|Hero Numbers||High-level overview of your Answers experience|
|Search Trends Over Time||How your search is performing over time|
|Searches by Result Type||Total number of searches where an entity type in the Knowledge Graph appeared, broken down by type|
|Recent Searches||A list of recent searches, and the clicks that occurred on each search|
Top Filter Bar
The filter bar will appear if you have more than one Answers configuration in your account. If you have more than one configuration, you will be able to filter by Answers Keys and Traffic.
- Answers Keys: This allows you to filter data down to a specific experience, or view the data across all your experiences.
- Traffic: This allows you to filter the source of traffic by External or Internal Users.
- Internal Users are users that are either accessing the account from Yext or accessing the experience from an IP that you’ve provided your Yext Administrator.
- External users are all non-Internal users or users that have not been excluded based on IP address.
The large number at the top of the page gives a high-level overview of the activity taking place on your Answers experience. After your experience has been live for 60 days, each hero number will display the percentage change from the previous 30 days. These hero numbers contain the following metrics:
- Total Searches: The total number of searches in the last 30 days.
- Searches with Results from Knowledge Graph: The number of searches where at least one of the result types was powered from the Knowledge Graph in the last 30 days.
- Clicks: The number of click actions a user has taken on your search experience. This includes clicks to call, get directions, make appointments and expand FAQ rows, etc.
Search Trends Over Time
This graph displays the Total Searches, Searches with Results from the Knowledge Graph, and Clicks over time.
Search Results By Type
The total number of searches where an entity type in the Knowledge Graph appeared, broken down by entity type.
- This includes searches on both Universal and Vertical search.
In this example, over the last 30 days, 1,531 queries returned Advisors, 932 returned FAQs, 611 returned Events, etc.
To drill down further, you can click on the Result Type in the graph to view the fields that are used most often to filter the results that appeared for that Result Type. These filters are determined using an explicit natural language filter. For more information on Natural Language Understanding, see the Natural Language Understanding definition in our Knowledge Center.
In this example, over the last 30 days, out of the 1,297 queries that returned Advisors, 569 were filtered on Location, meaning a user might have searched for “San Francisco”, and the search returned Advisors located in San Francisco.
Recent searches is a live feed of how users are interacting with your Answers experience.
- The filter button on the top allows you to filter by searches occurring on universal, or on a specific vertical search. These filter labels are defined in your configuration, and can be edited by your Yext Administrator.
- When new searches come in, a LOAD NEW QUERIES bar will appear at the top of the list.
- Each search appears as its own row.
- The right side of the card will indicate the time the search occurred and the general location where it occurred, if a location was detected.
- You can click to expand to see the sections that were returned, and the actions users took.
- If a Direct Answer was returned, the applicable entity will be displayed.