Once you have set up your Conversion Actions, you will need to install the Conversion Tag on your website wherever your conversions take place in order to track conversion events. For example, you may want to install the tag so that it is loaded after a form is submitted, or when an order confirmation screen has loaded.
Note: Before installing Conversion Tags, make sure you have already created a conversion action and enabled Listings Click Tracking. To create a Conversion Action, visit Create a Conversion Action and to enable Listings Click tracking, see the Listings section of Enable Click Tracking.
Yext has a built-in tag available with Google Tag Manager and Adobe Launch, but you can generally use any Tag Manager. This article walks you through the general steps to install Conversion Tags on another Tag Manager platform.
To install Conversion Tags using a Third-Party Tag Manager:
- Log into your Tag Manager and add a custom tag.
- Copy the script tag from within your Yext account.
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar and click Conversion Tracking.
- Click Conversion Setup.
- Click on the desired Conversion Action.
- Click on the Copy icon () to copy the script.
- In your Tag Manager, paste the script into your custom tag.
- Save your custom tag.
- Publish your changes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.