In today's digital age, potential customers are more likely to research a business online before making a purchase or using a service. Having reviews on Google can help build trust with potential customers and improve your business's online visibility. Overall, having reviews on Google can be a valuable asset for any business.
Note: This help article helps users mimic the ‘Get More Reviews’ link that can be generated directly from the Google Business Profile dashboard.
Using Yext, you can generate links that can be placed on your website or behind QR codes to drive review traffic to your Google listings. When users click on these links, they will be led directly to a modal where they can leave you a review on your Google listing:
These links can be stored and managed in the Knowledge Graph like any other URL field. Below are steps to use a Google Place ID to create custom URLs that will lead directly to this Google review modal:
Step 1: Create a Custom URL Field
- Click Knowledge Graph in the navigation bar and click Configuration.
- Click Fields.
- Click on the + Add Field button.
- Click Select Field Type and select URL from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for the field (e.g., “Google Review Link”).
- Select the entities this field will be available for.
- Click Save Field.
- For more information about creating a custom field, see Add Custom Fields.
Step 2: Embed the Google Place ID in the Custom Field
- Click Knowledge Graph in the navigation bar and click Entities.
- Click on the desired entity.
- Navigate to the Other Fields section and click on the name of the custom URL field you created.
- Paste the following URL in the textbox:
- Click on the plus sign () at the end of the text box and select Google Place ID from the drop-down menu.
- Remove any spaces that were added so your URL looks like this:
- Click Save.