Google has a Call History feature as part of Google Business Profile API. When a listing has Call History enabled, Google adds forwarding numbers behind the click-to-call call-to-actions on the Knowledge Card allowing attribution, call duration tracking, and organic lead generation. Users can then view Google Calls analytics in Report Builder to see how many calls were answered or missed.
From within the Yext platform, users can enable or disable call history for locations on Google to start, or stop, tracking this data. For more information, see Create a Google Call History Report.
- The Google Call History setting within Yext is an account-wide setting, so when this feature is turned on or off, it will apply to all locations within the account that have Synced listings on Google.
- This setting turns on or off all features in Google. If you have a subset of Google Call History settings turned on in Google, and enable this feature in Yext, all Google Call History settings will be turned on, and vice versa if you disable it.
To enable or disable Google Call History:
- Click Listings in the navigation bar and click Publishers.
- Click Google Business Profile.
- Click on the Configuration tab.
- Click Google Call History in the Features section and toggle the setting On or Off.
- Click Save.