Through the Yext platform you are able to generate first party reviews. The Reviews Widget then allows you to publish these reviews directly to your website.
Create a Reviews Widget
- Click Reviews in the top navigation bar.
- Click on the Publishing sub-tab.
- Click Create next to Reviews.
Small Business Customers with one locationThis automatically creates the widget for your location, so skip to step 5.
- Click Select a location and select the desired location.
- Select a color scheme under Choose your Theme. If you’d like to further customize your widget, click on the Advanced button.
- Select your desired display settings. Visit the next section of this article for more information.
- Select your installation method. To learn more about each option, see Widget Installation Methods.
Enterprise CustomersTo easily create widgets for all of your locations:
- Select the Embed code option.
- Add the following to the end of your embed code: ?storeCode= followed by the Store ID for one of your locations.
- Add the widget to the desired website.
To customize the display of the Reviews Widget, check the box next to any of the following elements:
- Show Header
- Includes the average star rating and total number of reviews in the widget header.
- Includes a link in the header of the widget that will direct customers to leave you a review.
- Adds schema to the widget. Leave this checked unless you are using Body navigation. Visit the next section of this article for more information.
- Allows you to select a widget navigation option. Visit the next section of the article for more information.
- Displays the content of the reviews in the body of the widget.
- Adds a footer that displays the star rating and review count for up to three third party sites.
Pop-up: Displays a pop-up containing all reviews for the location.
Body: Allows you to separate the header and the body of the widget.
Best Practices for Stars in Search
- Register your website with Google's Search Console to help Google crawl your content.
- Do not install the Reviews Widget on the website’s home page. The Reviews Widget can be installed on any other page of the website, and we recommend installing it on a page with location data (e.g., the Contact Us or Location page).