Through the Yext platform, you are able to generate first party reviews. The Reviews Widget then allows you to publish these reviews directly to your website. This article will walk you through the steps to create a Reviews Widget.
Note, Reviews Widgets are only available with the Ultimate package or with the Review Generation add-on.
To create a Reviews Widget:
- Click Reviews in the top navigation bar.
- Click on the Publishing sub-tab.
- Click Create next to Reviews.
Small Business Customers with one locationThis automatically creates the widget for your location, so skip to step 5.
- Click Select a location and select the desired location.
- Select a color scheme under Choose your Theme. If you’d like to further customize your widget, click on the Advanced button.
- Select your desired display settings. Visit the next section of this article for more information.
- Select your installation method. To learn more about each option, see Widget Installation Methods.
Enterprise CustomersTo easily create widgets for all of your locations:
- Select the Embed code option.
- Add the following to the end of your embed code: ?storeCode= followed by the Store ID for one of your locations.
- Add the widget to the desired website.
To customize the display of the Reviews Widget, check the box next to any of the following elements:
- Show Header
- Includes the average star rating and total number of reviews in the widget header.
- Includes a link in the header of the widget that will direct customers to leave you a review.
- Adds schema to the widget. Leave this checked unless you are using Body navigation. Visit the next section of this article for more information.
- Allows you to select a widget navigation option. Visit the next section of the article for more information.
- Displays the content of the reviews in the body of the widget.
- Adds a footer that displays the star rating and review count for up to three third party sites.
Pop-up: Displays a pop-up containing all reviews for the location.
Body: Allows you to separate the header and the body of the widget.
Best Practices for Stars in Search
- Register your website with Google's Search Console to help Google crawl your content.
- Do not install the Reviews Widget on the website’s home page. The Reviews Widget can be installed on any other page of the website, and we recommend installing it on a page with location data (e.g., the Contact Us or Location page).