Update: As of the September ‘23 Monthly Release, Twitter Posting has been discontinued.
Note: In order to post on Apple, you need to delegate access to your Apple Business Account to Yext. For full setup steps on both delegation, and populating Yext Content, visit the Delegate Yext as an Agency in Apple Business Connect Account guide.
To create a post:
- Click Listings in the navigation bar and click Post.
- Click on the + Add Post button.
- If applicable, select the locations you would like to post to. Otherwise, all locations will be selected by default.
- Click on the All Items button and select the desired locations, folders, or labels from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply.
- Click on the relevant icons to select or deselect the sites you would like to post to. When a publisher is deselected, the icon will be grayed out.
- Add content to create your post.
- To add an Embedded Field to the post, click on the plus sign in the bottom right corner of the text box. This option is not available for all publishers.
- Note: Character limits differ by site, see the next section of this article for more information.
Apple Showcase Posting
Add a photo to your post.
- Note: This is a requirement to post on Apple.
- Add a headline to your post.
Select your desired Apple Post Call-To-Action.
- Note: You can add additional Call-To-Actions by setting up Apple Action Links in Yext Content. For more information, see the Apple Showcase Posting reference documentation.
- Add a photo to your post.
- (Optional) To add an Event, Offer, or Call to Action, to a Google Local Post or create a COVID-19 related post, follow the steps below accordingly:
- Event & Offer
- Click on the Add Google Event button.
- Add the required event information.
- Note: The Event End Date must be within a year of the posting date.
- If applicable, toggle on the Offer Post and add additional information about the offer.
- Note: Offer posts cannot be combined with Call To Action or COVID-19 posts.
- Click Add Google Event.
- Call To Action
- Click on the Add Google Call To Action button.
- Select your desired Call To Action Type.
- Select your desired URL.
- Click Add Google Call To Action.
- Select the checkbox next to COVID-19 Related Post.
- Event & Offer
- Click Post Now to publish your post, or click on the drop-down button next to Post Now to schedule the post for a future date and time.
- Note: If you are posting to Apple, click Schedule Post. Apple posts require manual approval by the Apple Maps team and must be scheduled at least 3 days in advance. Once you select your date and time, click Schedule Your Post.
Character limits by site
- Facebook (): 5,000 characters
- Google Local (): 1,500 characters
- Instagram (): 2,200 characters
- Apple(): 58 characters body, 38 characters headline
- Your Site (): 5,000 characters
Adding a Top-level Comment and Replying to a Comment
If you allow customers to leave comments on your posts, those comments will be pulled in and displayed underneath your post in the Yext platform. To add a top-level comment to the post, select your desired location if applicable, write your response in the comment box, and click Post when you are finished. To reply to a comment, click on the Reply icon (), write your response in the comment box, and click Reply when you are finished. Comments and replies are not available for all publishers.
For more information about posting on Instagram, see Instagram Posting.