To create a post:
- Click Listings in the navigation bar and click Post.
- Note: This article has been updated to reflect a new left navigation feature from our Spring ’22 Release. To turn this new feature on, hover over your name in the top navigation bar, click Account Settings, and click Account Features. Then turn on the “Spring ‘22: New Platform Navigation (Early Access)” feature.
- Click on the + Add Post button.
- If applicable, select the locations you would like to post to. Otherwise, all locations will be selected by default.
- Click on the All Items button and select the desired locations, folders, or labels from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply.
- Click on the relevant icons to select or deselect the sites you would like to post to. When a site is deselected, the icon will be grayed out.
- Add content to create your post.
- To add an Embedded Field to the post, click on the plus sign in the bottom right corner of the text box.
- Note: Character limits differ by site, see the next section of this article for more information.
- (Optional) To add an Event or Call to Action to a Google Local Post, click + Add Event or + Add Call to Action.
- Note: If your Google Local Post has an Event, the End Date must be within a year of the posting date.
- Click Post Now to publish your post, or click on the drop-down button next to Post Now to schedule the post for a future date and time.
Character limits by site
- Facebook (): 5,000 characters
- Google Local (): 1,500 characters
- Your Site (): 5,000 characters
Responding to comments
If you allow customers to leave comments on your posts, those comments will be pulled in and displayed underneath your post in the Yext platform. To respond to a comment, you can click on the timestamp associated with the comment to respond directly on your Facebook Page.