Search Tracker is a tool that runs a series of search queries based on keywords that you indicate, measuring how frequently your business appears in knowledge cards, local packs, and organic results. The compiled results allow you to gauge how likely a customer is to choose your business in search. To compare your presence of search to up to five competitors, see Set Up Competitive Intelligence.
To set up the Search Tracker:
- Click Content in the navigation bar and click Entities.
- Click on the desired entity.
- To set up Search Tracker for multiple entities: Select the checkboxes next to the desired entities, click on the More Actions button, and select Edit.
- Click Search Tracker in the left sidebar.
- Fill out the following fields and click Save after each update:
Search Tracker Enabled
- Select Yes from the drop-down.
Search Tracker Frequency
- Select how often you would like the Search Tracker to perform searches.
- Select the checkboxes next to Name, Primary Category, and Secondary Category to include the business name and categories in searches.
- Add up to five additional keywords to include in searches.
- Enter one keyword per text box.
- Select up to four query templates that you would like applied in searches.
- You must select at least three templates.
Alternate Names (Optional)
- Add up to three alternate names that are used for your brand, or any common misspellings.
Alternate Websites (Optional)
- Add up to three alternate website domains that you use for your brand.
- Select the search engines where you would like to track your performance on.
- Search Tracker Enabled
- Confirm that the Search Tracker is set up correctly.
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar and click Search Tracker.
- Click Search Tracking Status. Any fields that still need to be configured will be written in red.