In order to publish information to Google Search, and Maps, you must verify your Google Business Profile listing. Once you've linked your Google Business Profile account with Yext, you can request verification directly from the Yext platform. To link your Google Business Profile account, see How to Link Google Business Profile.
Note: This article outlines the steps to request verification for a single location. To set up your account for bulk verification, see Bulk Verification for Google Business Profile (GBP).
To verify your Google Business Profile listing:
- Click Listings in the navigation bar and click Publishers.
- Click on Google Business Profile in the list of publishers.
- Click Verify Listing to the right of the desired listing. A new tab opens.
Select your preferred verification method based on the options Google provides for your location. Note: Verification methods can differ by location and are controlled by Google. Google does not support video verification via API. However, you can select these verification options directly within your Google Business Profile account.
- Your verification code will be sent to the email address listed in the platform.
- Your verification code will be sent via text message to the phone number on the listing.
- You will receive a phone call with your verification code on the business phone number listed on your listing.
- Google will mail a postcard to your business location, and it should arrive in 1-2 weeks.
- To change the name of the recipient, click on the Edit link next to the recipient name and enter the desired name in the text box.
- Video verification must be completed in Google Business Profile.
- To start this process, click Launch. A new tab opens. This will prompt you to log into your Google Business Profile account and you will be directed to the video verification page in Google.
- Once you have complete the video verification steps in Google Business Profile, navigate back to the page in Yext and click Save.
- Click Send Code.
If you receive the code immediately via email, phone call, or text message, enter the 6-digit code in the textbox, and click Continue.
Note: If you are receiving the code via postcard mailing, click on the Skip Verification link and click Save.
- Once you have received your verification code via postcard follow steps 1-3 above, then select I Have a Code, enter your verification code in the textbox, and click Continue.
- Note: If you are receiving the code via postcard mailing, click on the Skip Verification link and click Save.