Yext Pages allow you to design and publish pages for your entities. With Yext’s built-in FAQ entity type, as well as FAQ specific modules, you can store questions and answers in your Knowledge Graph and leverage the Page Builder to create FAQ Pages, and add FAQ content to your other entity pages so your pages are eligible for FAQ experiences in Google.
Why create FAQ Pages:
- Help your ranking in organic search because consumers are asking questions more and more often in search
- Provide a great experience for consumers by making FAQ content easily accessible to effectively answer questions they may have.
- Influence rich search results across different search engines and experiences. FAQ Pages automatically include Schema.org markup, which makes it possible to power the information in Rich Results, and helps search engines understand the content. For more information on FAQ Pages from Google, see Google’s FAQ article.
Use Cases for FAQ Pages:
There are a variety of ways to display and utilize FAQs to optimize for providing answers for your customer’s most common questions. You can:
- Create individual FAQ pages where one webpage is dedicated to each FAQ
- Create a page with a list of FAQs
- Add FAQ content to entity-specific pages
You can also do a combination of the above, depending on how much FAQ content is relevant for your business, and how you would like to set up your pages.
How to create FAQ Pages:
Creating FAQ Pages is a multi-step process. The first thing you need to do is add your FAQ entities to the Knowledge Graph. Once you add your FAQ content to the Knowledge Graph, you can start creating your FAQ Pages.
Step 1: Enable the FAQ entity type
- For full instructions, see Enable Entity Types.
Step 2: Add FAQ Entities to your Knowledge Graph
- For full instructions on how to add a single FAQ entity, see Add a single entity.
- To add FAQs in bulk, see Add and edit entities through spreadsheet upload.
Once you have added all of the desired FAQ content to the Knowledge Graph, you can start creating your pages.
Step 3: Create your FAQ Pages
Steps to create FAQ Pages depend on how you would like to display and incorporate FAQ content on your pages. Follow the steps below depending on your strategy.
- Individual FAQ Page
- This allows you to publish a standalone page for every FAQ entity stored in the Knowledge Graph. To do this, you will create a template for FAQ entities that can be used for any FAQ entity that you would like to publish FAQ pages for. For full instructions on how to create a page for a single FAQ, see Create an Individual FAQ Page.
- Dedicated FAQ Pages that are search optimized have the highest likelihood of ranking in organic results, because consumers are asking questions in Search, and their questions are getting increasingly granular.
- Page with list of FAQs
- This allows you to publish a page with a list of FAQ entities in the Knowledge Graph. The page can include all FAQ entities, or a subset of the FAQ entities being stored. To do this, users will create a page that has the FAQ List module as the main content. For full instructions on how to create a page with a list of FAQ, see Create an FAQ Locator Page.
- Page with FAQ content included
- This option allows you to display an FAQ or a list of FAQs on a page that is related to the entity the page is focused on. For example, you can add a series of FAQs about the services that are provided at a specific location on the page displaying information for that location. You can do this by adding the FAQ List module or Individual FAQ module to any entity page template. For full instructions on how to add modules to pages, see Customize your Page Builder Templates.