This article covers how to update and add entities to your account in bulk by uploading a spreadsheet. If you prefer to do this one at a time, see Add a single entity.
To view the required fields for various entity types, see Add Entities: Required Content & Upload Forms.
To add or edit entities through spreadsheet upload:
- Click Content in the navigation bar and click Entities.
- Click on the + Add Content button. A dialog box appears.
Click Entity Upload.
- To download a template file, visit Add Entities: Required Content & Upload Forms and download the appropriate attachment listed at the bottom of the article.
- Once the template is downloaded, fill in the relevant information.
- Click on the Choose File button to upload your spreadsheet.
- (Optional) If you have previously saved a configuration, select Select Configuration and select the existing configuration, otherwise you will create a new configuration.
- (Optional) If you are uploading a file that is not in your default language, click on the [Language] button and select the appropriate language.
- Click Continue.
Match the columns from your file to the Yext Field Names by selecting the desired field from each relevant drop-down. If you do not want to update a column, select Ignore this column.
- Note: All Required Fields must be mapped for new entities.
- To upload content for an Alternate Language Profile, make sure that your file contains the appropriate language codes, and that the column is mapped to Profile Language.
(Optional) To update the data cleansing rules, click Edit to the right of each column and select your preferred option.
- This will allow you to trim white space, adjust capitalization, allow supported HTML or Markdown formatting, etc.
(Optional) To add additional fields that were not included in your original upload file, click Add Field in the Additional Fields section.
- Click Map This Column and select your desired field from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Field Value.
- Select your Data Cleansing Rules.
- Choose your Scope.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) To add entities to a folder or apply labels, click on the relevant + Add Action link in the Additional Actions section.
Click Continue to upload the file.
- Once the file is uploaded, Yext will analyze your content.
If there are any errors in your file, click Fix Errors to review and make corrections:
Fix Address-related Errors in a Field View
- Click Fix Errors in Field View.
- Add or edit values in the Address field.
- Click Next to go to the next entity, otherwise, scroll down and click Continue.
Fix Errors in a Spreadsheet View
- Click Fix Errors in Spreadsheet View in the field you want to update.
- Click on the New Value column and add the updated information.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Fix Address-related Errors in a Field View
- Review and acknowledge all changes:
- Select the checkbox next to I acknowledge that I am adding [x] entities and click Next.
- Review the number of updates by field and select the checkbox next to I acknowledge that I am updating [x] entities, then click Next.
- Select the checkbox next to I acknowledge that [x] entities are unchanged and click Next.
- Select the checkbox next to I acknowledge that these entities are missing from the upload.
- Click Submit Changes to confirm all changes.
If you upload a file that drastically differs from the content you have stored inside your account, the file may be manually reviewed and approved by Yext to ensure all updates are correct and intentional.