This article covers how to update and add entities (e.g., locations or events) to your account in bulk by uploading a spreadsheet. If you prefer to do this one at a time, see Add a Location or Edit Location Information.
- Hover over your name in the top navigation bar and click Account Settings.
- Click Data File Uploads in the sidebar.
- Click on the Upload a Data File button.
- To download a template file, visit Get Started: Knowledge Manager and download the appropriate attachment listed at the bottom of the article.
- Once the template is downloaded, fill in the relevant information.
- Once the data file is uploaded, Yext will analyze your data.
- Click into the New Value column and add the updated information.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Select the checkbox next to I acknowledge that I am adding [x] entities and click Next.
- Review the number of updates by field and select the checkbox next to I acknowledge that I am updating [x] entities, then click Next.
- Select the checkbox next to I acknowledge that [x] entities are unchanged and click Next.
- Select the checkbox next to I acknowledge that these entities are missing from the upload.
If you upload a file that drastically differs from the data you have stored inside the Knowledge Manager, the file may be manually reviewed and approved by Yext to ensure all updates are correct and intentional.