This article covers how to update and add entities to your account in bulk by uploading a spreadsheet. If you prefer to do this one at a time, see Add a Location or Edit Location Information.
- Hover over your name in the top navigation bar and click Account Settings.
- Click Data File Uploads in the sidebar.
- Click on the Upload a Data File button.
Click on the Choose File button to upload your spreadsheet.
(Optional) If you have previously saved a configuration, select Select Configuration and select the existing configuration, otherwise you will create a new configuration.
(Optional) If you are uploading content other than locations and people, click on the Locations and People button and select the entity type you want to update (e.g., Locations and People, or Events).
(Optional) If you are uploading a file that is not in your default language, click on the [Language] button and select the appropriate language.
Match the columns from your data file to the Yext Field Names by selecting the desired field from each relevant drop-down. If you do not want to update a column, select Ignore this column.
- To download a template file, visit Get Started: Knowledge Manager and download the appropriate attachment listed at the bottom of the article.
- Once the template is downloaded, fill in the relevant information.
Note: All Required Fields must be mapped for new locations or entities.
(Optional) To update the data cleansing rules, click Edit to the right of each column and select your preferred option.
(Optional) To add entities to a folder or apply labels, click on the relevant + Add Action link in the Additional Actions section.
Click Continue to upload the data file.
If there are any errors in your data file, click Fix Errors to review and make corrections:
- Once the data file is uploaded, Yext will analyze your data.
Review and acknowledge all changes:
- Click into the New Value column and add the updated information.
- Click Save and Continue.
Click Submit Changes to confirm all changes.
- Select the checkbox next to I acknowledge that I am adding [x] entities and click Next.
- Review the number of updates by field and select the checkbox next to I acknowledge that I am updating [x] entities, then click Next.
- Select the checkbox next to I acknowledge that [x] entities are unchanged and click Next.
- Select the checkbox next to I acknowledge that these entities are missing from the upload.
If you upload a file that drastically differs from the data you have stored inside the Knowledge Manager, the file may be manually reviewed and approved by Yext to ensure all updates are correct and intentional.