Notifications are an easy way to get updates about the status of your Pages site. The notification system sends information from the Pages system to an external app (e.g., Slack, email service, etc.) to let you know about events on your site. Setting up notifications for your sites ensures that you are always aware of any failures or unexpected behavior. This article will explain how to create a Pages notification and provides an additional resource on how to integrate the notifications with Slack.
Note: In order to create Pages notifications, your site must be built using the latest version of Pages.
To create a Pages notification:
- Click Pages in the navigation bar and click on the desired site.
- Click Notifications.
- Click on the Create New Notification button. A dialog box appears.
- Select your desired trigger event from the drop-down menu.
- The trigger event represents the action that will cause the system to send your notification.
- Input the URL which will accept a POST request from the Pages system.
- Note: If you are using Slack, you can generate a URL by following the instructions in Slack’s Webhook Documentation.
- (Optional) To test your notification, click on the drop-down button next to Edit and click Send test message.
- To inspect logs or see the request body for your notification.
- Click on the drop-down button next to Edit and click View Logs.
- Click on the Webhooks tab.
Please sign in to leave a comment.