Linking your Facebook account with Yext allows you to update your Facebook business information, manage your reviews, and create social posts.
Note: If you are linking to an existing Facebook page, you need to verify your Facebook account before it can be linked with Yext. To do this, visit Facebook’s Identify Confirmation page and follow the instructions to verify your account. You will also need to turn on two-factor authentication and Location Services. For full instructions, see Facebook’s How do I get authorized to publish on my Page? article.
To link your Facebook account:
- Click on the Account Details icon () in the bottom left corner of the navigation bar and click Account Settings.
- Click Linked Accounts.
- Click on the Link Account button for Facebook. A dialog box appears.
Log into the account that manages the Facebook Page, or click Create New Account.
- Partners: You can prompt your clients to complete this task on their own by using our Content Capture tool.
- Click Continue as [Your Name], then click OK to accept each permission request.
- Note: Yext can only link to business Pages. Linking your Facebook account will not affect your personal Facebook Page in any way.
To take advantage of Instagram social posting, select which Instagram Business Accounts you'd like to use, then click Next.
- Note: If you do not select an Instagram account, you will need to re-link the account to gain access to Instagram posting in the future.
In the next permission window select the checkbox next to Select All.
Selecting all pages within the account is required in order for Listings to work properly, even if you won't be syncing to it.
- Selecting all pages within the account is required in order for Listings to work properly, even if you won't be syncing to it.
- Once you have all pages selected, click Next.
In the next permission window, make sure all available permissions are toggled to YES.
- If you did not select an Instagram account to sync to in Step 6, the Instagram-related permissions will be grayed out and you will not be able to adjust those settings as they don't apply. Otherwise, everything should be toggled on.
- Once you have toggled on all of the permissions, click Done.
- Click OK on the success message.
- Click Select a location in the Assign to field, and select the location you'd like to assign the Facebook account to. Then click Link this account.
Once the account is linked, finish the setup flow for the specific entity.
- Click Listings in the navigation bar and click Publishers
- Click on Facebook in the list of publishers.
- Click Set up to the right of the Facebook listing for the desired location.
- Select the Page for the intended location, or select the option to create a new Page. Then click Continue.
- Add a profile photo and cover photo. Both are required for certain categories in order for Yext to sync the business information to Facebook.
- Click Complete.