You have the ability to add relevant branded terms to the Yext platform. This will help you better understand how consumers are finding your listings. Once added, these branded search terms will then apply to your Google Search Term Impressions metric automatically. This article explains how to add branded terms to the platform, how to identify additional branded search terms, and how to build a report of your branded and unbranded search terms.
To add branded search terms to the platform:
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar and click Branded Terms.
- Click on the + Add Branded Term button.
- Enter your desired branded term in the textbox.
- Click Save.
To help you identify additional branded search terms, you can run a search term report, which captures branded intent.
To run a search term report:
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar and click Report Builder.
- Select your desired Time Range, at least 90 Days.
- Remove any metrics from the Metrics section, and any dimensions from the Dimensions section.
- Click + Add Metric and select Google Search Term Impressions under Location Listings.
- Click + Add Dimension and select Raw Search Terms under Listings.
- Click Add Filter and select Google Search Term Type under Location Listings.
- Check the box next to Branded and Unbranded in the filter options.
- Click Apply Changes.
- If you identify any terms that you consider branded search terms, follow the steps above to add the branded search terms to the platform. Unbranded search terms in this report can include alternate names, misspellings, sub-brands, popular entities, and more.
Note: It may take up to three days for branded search terms to appear in your report.