Once you link your Google My Business account with Yext, if your listing is not already verified, you can request to verify your location directly from the Yext platform.
To verify your Google My Business listing:
- Click Listings in the top navigation bar.
- Click Fix Google My Business in the box titled Get Live.
- Click on Verify Listing to the right of the desired listing. A dialog box will appear.
- Select your preferred verification method based on the options Google provides for your location. Note: Verification methods can differ by location and are controlled by Google.
- Your verification code will be sent to the email address listed in the platform. In some instances, you will have the option to enter an alternate email address from the same domain.
- Text Message
- Your verification code will be sent via text message to the phone number on the listing.
- Phone Call
- You will receive a call on the business phone number on the listing with your verification code.
- Postcard Mailing
- Google will mail a postcard to your business location, and it should arrive in 1-2 weeks.
- Click Send Verification Code.
- If you receive the code immediately, enter the 6-digit code and click Finish. Otherwise, click Cancel to complete this process once you have the verification code.
Once you have your code, return to this process, and click I Already have a Code to enter the verification code.
Note: You may request a new code for any method if you lose your current verification code.