In order to publish information to Google Search, and Maps, you must verify your Google My Business listing. Once you've linked your Google My Business account with Yext, you can request verification directly from the Yext platform. To link your Google My Business account, see How to link Google My Business.
Note: This article outlines the steps to request verification for a single location. To verify locations in bulk, visit Request Automatic Verification for Google My Business Listings.
To verify your Google My Business listing:
- Click Listings in the top navigation bar.
- Click Fix Google My Business in the box titled Get Live.
- Click Verify Listing to the right of the desired listing. A dialog box appears.
- Select your preferred verification method based on the options Google provides for your location. Note: Verification methods can differ by location and are controlled by Google.
- Your verification code will be sent to the email address listed in the platform.
- Text Message
- Your verification code will be sent via text message to the phone number on the listing.
- Phone Call
- You will receive a phone call with your verification code on the business phone number listed on your listing.
- Postcard Mailing
- Google will mail a postcard to your business location, and it should arrive in 1-2 weeks.
- To change the name of the recipient, click on the Edit link next to the recipient name and enter the desired name in the text box.
- Click Send Verification Code.
- If you receive the code immediately via email, phone call or text message, enter the 6-digit code and click Finish. If you are receiving the code via postcard mailing, click Cancel.
- Once you have received your verification code via postcard follow steps 1-3 above, then click Input Verification Code, enter your verification code, and click Finish.