Yext Pages allow you to publish individual webpages for each entity stored in the Knowledge Graph. This article walks you through the steps to create a page for each FAQ entity. For more information on FAQ Pages, see the FAQ Pages Overview.
To create an Individual FAQ Page:
- Click Pages in the top navigation bar.
- Click on the Page Builder sub-tab.
- Click on the create a new page link. A dialog box appears.
- If you have already created a page, click + Add in the upper-right corner to create an additional page. A dialog box appears.
- Click Choose Entity Type and select FAQ.
- Select FAQ Page, and click Continue.
- Enter the page name in the text box and click Create.
- Configure your Individual FAQ List module.
- Click on the Individual FAQ module in the sidebar.
- Click Headline and enter the desired headline text that will appear above your FAQ.
- Click Question Text and make sure it is mapped to the Name field so it will dynamically update to display the correct question for each FAQ page.
- Note: Name is the name of the field where you store questions in the FAQ entity.
- Click Answer Text and make sure it is mapped to the Answer field so it will dynamically update to display the correct answer for each FAQ page.
- Note: Because this page will serve as a template for other FAQ pages, you want to make sure that the questions and answers are pulling from Knowledge Graph, so it will dynamically update for each FAQ page.
- You can preview the page for other FAQ entities by selecting the desired entity in the Previewing Page For: drop-down, above the page preview.
- Click Link Text and Link URL to customize the URL that will be included with the FAQ.
- Note: To remove the URL, delete the text in the Link URL text box.
- (Optional) Click Image to add an image to the FAQ List module.
- If you don’t select or upload an image, the module will not display a photo.
- Once you’ve made your desired customizations to the module, click on the Back to Content link to return to the sidebar.
- Make the desired adjustments to the rest of the modules on the page. For more information on adding additional modules or customizing the design of your page, see Customize your Pages.
To preview your page, click on the Share button. For more details, see View Page Preview links.
Once your page is complete, you will need to go through the steps to activate and publish your page in order for it to appear on your website. For full instructions, see Steps 4-8 in the Pages Quick Launch Guide.