The Search config is the backend tool that allows you to configure business rules and search logic to define the scope of what the algorithms should return in your Search experience. In this article, you will learn where to go to create a new search experience using the setup wizard.
- Click Search in the navigation bar and click All Search Experiences.
- Create a new experience. This will open the setup wizard to walk you through the process.
- If there are existing experiences, click Add Experience in the top right.
- If there are no existing experiences, click Create Search Experience in the middle of the page.
- Enter Experience Details: Enter the experience name and key.
- Experience Name – The name is used for internal identification only.
- Experience Key – The key is used as part of the API call when you eventually apply the configuration to your frontend build. This is filled in automatically as you type in the experience name, but you are free to edit it.
- Note: You can always change the name later, but the key is harder to change.
- Select Entity Types: Choose the entity types from your Knowledge Graph that you would like to be able to search for in this experience. You can always change this later. You will automatically be presented with the entity type options that are enabled in your account. If you’re not seeing an entity type that you would like to add to your Search experience, follow the steps in the Enable Entity Types help article to enable more entity types.
- Click Create Experience.
- You have successfully created your Search configuration. For more information about editing Seach Configuration, see Edit a Search Configuration.
To learn more about the Search config, check out the Search Config Overview training module.