Within each vertical, you will determine which fields can be searched on the Search backend by configuring Searchable Fields. Searchable Fields specify which Content fields are indexed by the Search algorithm in each vertical and how. This determines how results are returned to the user. To learn more about searchable fields visit the Searchable and Display Fields unit.
To add Searchable Fields in the UI:
- Click Search in the navigation bar and click on the desired Search experience.
- Click Verticals.
- In the Settings for: drop-down select the Vertical you want to add Searchable Fields to.
- To add additional fields click on the + Add / Update Fields link. A dialog box appears.
- Select the checkbox next to the fields you would like to add as Searchable Fields. Then click Update Fields.
- Select the checkboxes for the desired Searchable Field options for each field.
To add Searchable Fields using the JSON Editor:
- Click Edit as JSON in the navigation bar to open your Search Configuration file.
- Specify the API Name of the field, along with the Searchable Field options you’d like to set it as.
It should look something like this:
"name": "Community Stories",