Within each vertical, you will determine which fields can be searched on the Search backend by configuring Searchable Fields.
Searchable Fields control which fields are indexed by the Search algorithm in each vertical and therefore how results are returned to the user. Each entity type that you set up in your Knowledge Graph has both a profile and custom fields associated with it. In the Search Configuration, you can set each field as Searchable by configuring it as such, and designating it as one or more of the following Searchable Field types:
- Text Search: Text Search allows each token of the query to be searched within the fields you specify. This is best for short text fields that might contain unstructured or varied data.
- NLP Filter: NLP Filter enables each term in the search query to be parsed with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and used as a filter. This is best for structured enum/option fields where there are a finite number of variations across entities.
- Facet: Facet allows a field to be used as a type of dynamic filter that a user can interact with in the search experience to narrow their search. This is best for structured enum/option fields where there are a finite number of variations across entities.
- Sortable: Sortable allows a field to be used as a sorting method that is controlled by the algorithm or by the user.
- Phrase Match: Phrase Match allows an entity to be surfaced only when there is an exact phrase match contained in the query.
- Semantic Text Search: This turns on our Semantic Text Search algorithm, which will match a user’s query to an FAQ that is semantically similar (only an option on FAQ entity types).
- Document Search: This turns on our Document Search algorithm, which searches long, unstructured content from a Knowledge Graph entity and returns featured snippets.
To add Searchable Fields in the UI:
- Click Search in the navigation bar and click on the desired Search experience.
- Click Verticals.
- In the Settings for: drop-down select the Vertical you want to add Searchable Fields to.
- To add additional fields click on the + Add / Update Fields link. A dialog box appears.
- Select the checkbox next to the fields you would like to add as Searchable Fields. Then click Update Fields.
- Select the checkboxes for the desired Searchable Field options for each field.
To add Searchable Fields using the JSON Editor:
- Click Edit in JSON to navigate to your Search Configuration file.
- Specify the API Name of the field, along with the Searchable Field options you’d like to set it as.
It should look something like this:
"name": "Community Stories",
To learn more about Searchable Fields visit the Core Configuration - Verticals training module.
Please sign in to leave a comment.