This article covers how to add a new user to your account. To add users in bulk, see Add users in bulk.
- Click on the Account Details icon in the navigation bar and click Account Settings.
- Click Users.
- Click + Add User and select Add Single User.
- Enter the user's first and last name.
- Enter the user’s email address. This will also serve as their username.
- Choose one of the following options to set up a password:
- Select User will create their own password. The new user will receive an email prompting them to create a password.
- Select Set a specific password to create a password for them.
- If applicable, select the user’s country.
- (Optional) Enter the user’s phone number.
- If your account is configured for Single Sign-On Subscription and would like this user to be configured for SSO, select Yes in the Is SAML User field.
- Partners Only: Enter an External ID to identify the user via the API. If left blank, an ID will automatically be generated.
- Add Access Controls.
- Click + Add. A pop-up window appears.
- Click on the drop-down button and select the appropriate role for the user.
- If you do not see the desired role, see Create a Custom Role.
- Select the entities or folders you would like the user to have access to. Otherwise, select Full Account.
- Click on the drop-down button and click on the desired entities or folders.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save.
- To add additional Access Controls, click + Add Scope and select the desired Access Controls
- Click Add User.
Once a user is added to the account, they will need to verify their email address. To do this, see Verify Your Email Address.
You are responsible for ensuring that the correct personnel at your organization have appropriate access to data within the Yext platform. They should only be able to view and edit the data necessary to meet the requirements of their specific roles at your company.
We encourage you to take a conservative, least-privilege approach to assigning user permissions. We also encourage you to periodically review the list of users in your account and the permissions you've assigned to each.
For assistance or more information, contact Support or your Client Success Manager.
Please sign in to leave a comment.