This article provides detailed instructions on how to set up notifications for Reviews. Reviews notifications can alert you of new first party reviews, as well as reviews across the Yext Publisher Network.
You can also create notifications for other product areas. To do that, see these resources:
- Create Analytics Notifications
- Create Content Notifications
- Create Listings Notifications
- Create Platform Usage Notifications
To create Reviews notifications:
- Click on the Account Details icon () in the bottom left corner of the navigation bar and click Account Settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Click on the + Add Custom Notification button.
- Click Reviews.
- Select your notification content, either new reviews only, or new reviews, updates to existing reviews, and new or updated Facebook comments.
(Optional) Click + Add Filter and select your desired filter from the drop-down menu. If you want to receive notifications for all reviews, don’t include any filters.
- Note: When adding multiple filters, make sure that the filters will not conflict with one another. Filters are additive and all filters you select will be applied collectively to each review.
Select who you would like the notification to be sent to.
Note: Notifications sent to Yext users will display reviews based on the user's access level, while notifications sent to email addresses will include all available data.
- If you select All Users or Specific User Roles, you can exclude certain users, by selecting the checkbox next to Exclude Users or User Roles. Then select the user from the list that appears.
- Note: Notifications sent to Yext users will display reviews based on the user's access level, while notifications sent to email addresses will include all available data.
- Select your preferred delivery method.
- In-Platform: Recipients will receive the notification in the platform. In-Platform can be seen by clicking on the Bell icon at the bottom of the navigation bar, next to the Account Details icon.
Email: Recipients will receive the notification via email. Email notifications can be configured by clicking on the Configure Email Settings link.
Select your desired frequency.
- Note: If you select Event triggered, this will send a notification when the review is pulled into the Yext system, which may be after the review is left on the publisher site.
(Optional) Customize the subject line and body of the email.
- Select Customize email content.
- Enter your desired content into the Subject or Body text boxes.
- Select the desired format of your notification.
- Click Save.
- Select your desired frequency.
- Enter an internal name for this notification.
- Click Save.