This article provides detailed instructions on how to set up notifications for the various types of analytics that are available in your account.
You can also create notifications for other product areas. To do that, see these resources:
- Create Content Notifications
- Create Listings Notifications
- Create Platform Usage Notifications
- Create Reviews Notifications
To create Analytics notifications:
- Click on the Account Details icon () in the bottom left corner of the navigation bar and click Account Settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Click on the + Add Custom Notification button.
- Click Analytics.
Select your notification content, either Dashboard or Reports.
- Click Select Dashboard and select your desired dashboard from the drop-down menu.
- Click Select Report and select your desired report from the drop-down menu.
Select who you would like the notification to be sent to.
Note: Notifications sent to Yext users will display data based on the user's access level, while notifications sent to email addresses will include all available data.
- If you select All Users or Specific User Roles, you can exclude certain users, by selecting the checkbox next to Exclude Users or User Roles. Then select the user from the list that appears.
- Note: Notifications sent to Yext users will display data based on the user's access level, while notifications sent to email addresses will include all available data.
- Click on the Configure Email Settings link.
- Note: In-Platform notifications are not available for Analytics.
Select your desired frequency.
- Daily: This will send an email every day.
- Weekly: This will send an email each week on the specified day.
- Monthly: This will send an email each month on the specified day of the month.
- Monthly when ready: You will receive an email after data has been collected and validated for an entire month. Since Yext collects and validates data quality from a variety of sources, there is typically a 1-2 week delay for data.
- Quarterly: You will receive an email notification after data has been received and validated for an entire standard quarter. This means that the report’s end date or dashboard filter date have reached the end of the quarter.
(Optional) Customize the subject line and body of the email.
- Select Customize email content.
Enter your desired content into the Subject or Body text boxes.
- Click Save.
- Enter an internal name for this notification.
- Click Save.