You have the ability to flag first party reviews that are unrelated to the entity, or contain inappropriate content or spam. Once a review is flagged, it will be immediately unpublished and submitted for review. Then, a member of the Yext team will review the request, and once the request is complete, the review will either be reinstated to its pre-flagged status (Live or Quarantined), or be removed. Removed reviews will not be published in Review Widgets or returned in Streams API Endpoints. This article covers how to flag first party reviews, and provides additional guidelines for flagging reviews.
To flag a first party review:
- Click Reviews in the navigation bar and click Monitoring.
- Locate the review you want to flag. For guidelines on which reviews to flag, see below.
- Click on the drop-down button next to View or Respond, and select Flag.
- If you don’t see the Flag option, you may have selected a third party review from a publisher instead of a first party review generated through Yext, or you may not have permission to flag reviews.
- If you see the Flag button but it’s grayed out, this means the review has already been flagged or removed.
- Select the reason you are flagging the review, and click Flag Review.
- Note: All flagged reviews will be marked as Flagged in the Review Details pop-up window.
Guidelines for flagging reviews
- Review contains inappropriate, hateful, or violent content.
- Sexual connotations
- Hate speech
- Negative remarks about an employee of the business
- Review contains advertising or spam.
- Bulk messaging
- Harmful links
- Content promoting another business
- Review is not related to the entity.
- Content that is about a different entity
- Content not related to the business
- Review for a Healthcare entity type that contains personally identifiable information (PII) which could potentially identify an individual.
- Phone Number
- Health Record
- Social Security Number
Please sign in to leave a comment.