The Yext platform allows you to easily create and organize a variety of lists in the form of Menus, Products & Services, and Bios. You can also follow these steps to create an Events list. Visit Add an Event for instructions on how to create events in your account. These lists are featured across many of the publishers within the Yext Knowledge Network and can also be seamlessly added to your website through Widgets or Pages.
This article covers how to create an Enhanced Content List by entering the information manually. If you prefer to create one by uploading a spreadsheet, see Create an Enhanced Content List through spreadsheet upload.
Enterprise CustomersYou must enable each type of list in your Account Settings. See Turn on Account Features.
To create an Enhanced Content List:
- Hover over Knowledge Graph in the top navigation bar and click on the Menus, Products & Services, Bios or Events sub-tab.
- Note: In order to create a Menu, you need the Yext for Food subscription. To ensure menu data is passed to publishers, we recommend adding one menu per location. Menus can be separated by sections as needed.
- Click Get Started under Manual.
- If you do not see Get Started, click on the + Add New List button and select Create [Content List] manually.
- Enter a title for your list.
- Select which entity or folder this list will be applied to.
- If applicable, select the currency and language for your list
- These fields are only visible in accounts that have the Multi-language Profile feature enabled.
- Click Save and Continue.
- To prevent your list from being published until you’ve finished creating it, click on the Hide link in the upper-right corner.
- Add a section (Recommended).
- Click on the Click to add a section name field.
- To add additional sections click on the + Add a Section link on the left.
- This step differs depending on which type of Content List you’re creating. Click one of the following buttons accordingly:
- + Add Menu Item
- + Add Item
- + Add Bio
- + Add Event
- Enter details about your list item.
- Click Save or Save and add another.
- When you’ve finished creating your list, click on the Show button in the upper-right corner. Note, this is only relevant if you hid your list.