This article explains how to add and subscribe an entity in your Yext account. Note, you must subscribe each entity in order to activate services for it. To add entities in bulk, see Add Entities Through Spreadsheet Upload.
partner portalTo add an entirely new customer, click the New Customer Location tab and enter an Account ID and Location ID, then click Continue. Next, fill in the Location Information and skip to the Partners section below. To add an additional entity to an existing customer, navigate to the Customers tab in your portal and follow the steps below:
To add a single entity:
- Click Content in the navigation bar and click Entities.
- Click on the + Add Content button. A dialog box appears.
- Select the entity type you wish to add (e.g., Location, Healthcare Professional, Event, Restaurant, FAQ, Help Article, etc.).
- This list will only display entity types you have enabled in your account. To enable more entity types in your account, see Enable Entity Types.
- Fill out all of the required information
- Configure the Additional Settings.
- Click Save or Save & Add Another [Entity Type].
- Click on the new entity.
- The steps to subscribe an entity differ depending on the type of account you have. Proceed to one of the following sections accordingly:
Small Business Customers
- Click on the Account Details icon () in the bottom left corner of the navigation bar and click Account Settings.
- Click Your Subscriptions.
- Click on the Buy Another Subscription button.
- Click Add to Cart next to the package you wish to purchase.
- Click Checkout.
- Confirm that your billing information is correct, then click Process Order.
- Click on the Add Services link on the right side of the page.
- Select the service you wish to add and click Continue.
- Click Place Request at the bottom of the page. See Add Services to Customer Entities for more information.
- Note: There is no immediate charge when you place the request. Charges are billed according to your agreement. Reach out to your Client Success Manager if you have questions regarding pricing.
- Click on the Assign More Licenses link on the right side of the page.
- Select the license packs you’d like to assign to the entity.
- Click Continue.
- (Optional) Enter any additional comments into the text box.
- Click Submit. See Assign Services to Entities for more information.
- Small Business Customers