This guide covers how to export your entity information from the Yext platform into a spreadsheet. You can create a custom export, use one of our export templates formatted for third-party platforms, schedule future exports, and more.
To export entity information:
- Click Content in the navigation bar and click Entities.
- Select the entities you would like to export. Otherwise, it will default to all entities.
- Click on the More Actions button and select Export Entities.
- Review the Content Format and File Format of your export.
To export historical content that was previously stored in the platform, click Edit in the Export Data as of field, select your desired option, and click Save.
- Note: You can export content up to 30 days after an edit was made.
- To include content from alternate-language profiles in the export, click Edit next to Entity Language and select the desired languages. Then click Save.
- To make other changes, click on the Edit button for the desired setting. Then click Save.
- To export historical content that was previously stored in the platform, click Edit in the Export Data as of field, select your desired option, and click Save.
- Click Continue.
- (Optional): Select an Export Scheme to export the content in a specific format.
- This allows you to export content in a specific format so it can easily be uploaded to a third-party platform.
- Select the checkboxes next to the fields you would like to add to the export.
- (Optional) To reorder the fields, click Actions next to the desired field, and select Configure. Then drag and drop the fields into your desired order by clicking on the three lines ().
- (Optional) To adjust the output format for a field, click Actions next to the desired field, and select Configure. From here you can adjust the column name, set a character limit, include HTML or Markdown formatting for rich text fields, and more.
- Click Continue to export your entity information.
- (Optional) To save your export for the future, enter a name for your export in the text box, and click Save Export.
(Optional) Set up Automatic Delivery for a Saved Export
After saving your export in the previous step, click on the name of the saved export.
- Note: If you would like to set up automatic delivery for a previously saved export, click Content in the navigation bar and click Configuration. Click Saved Entity Exports and click Edit next to the desired saved export. Then follow the steps below.
- Click Edit in the Automated Delivery field.
- Select your desired automated delivery type from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the required fields.
- Select your desired frequency.
- Select if you would like to ignore empty files or not.
- Click Save.
- After saving your export in the previous step, click on the name of the saved export.