This article explains how to create custom entity types within your account. Custom entities allow you to store additional aspects of your brand (e.g., jobs, special offers, or inventory items) in the Yext platform, as well as publish them to your Pages. Each of these custom entity types can have its own set of sections and fields so you can determine which facts to manage and store for each type.
Note: Custom entities require a subscription to be applied to it. For more information on adding services to custom entities, reach out to your Client Success Manager or Yext Support.
To create an entity type:
- Click Knowledge Graph in the navigation bar and click Configuration.
- Click Entity Types.
- Click Add Custom Entity Type.
- Enter an Entity Type Name in the textbox.
- To add a translation to the Entity Type Name, or any of the eligible text fields, click on the + Add translation link. A dialog box appears. Select the language of the translation from the drop-down menu, and enter the translation into the text box. Then click Save or Save & Add Another.
- (Optional) Enter a plural entity type name.
- This will display within the Yext platform when the entity type is referenced in the plural form.
- To add a translation for the Plural Entity Type Name, click on the + Add translation link and follow the steps to add translations for the desired languages.
- (Optional) Enter a description for the Entity type.
- To add a translation for the description, click on the + Add translation link and follow the steps to add translations for the desired languages.
- Click Create Custom Entity Type.
- To create a new section for this entity type, hover over the area in the left sidebar you would like to add the new section and click on the plus sign () that appears. To add a section from an existing entity type, click More Actions and click on Add Section from Existing Entity Type in the drop-down menu.
- For more information, see Create a Custom Section.
- To add a field for this entity type, click on the plus sign () at the bottom of the desired section and click on Add Field in the drop-down menu. A dialog box appears. Select the checkbox next to each field you want to add to this entity type. Once you've added all the relevant fields, click Add FIelds (X).
- To create a custom field for this entity type, click on the + Create Custom Field link and follow the steps to create a new field. For more information, see Add Custom Fields.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox in the Required column to make it a required field.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox in the Visible on Add column to make the field visible when adding a new entity of this type into the platform.
- If a field is added but not set to visible on add, it will only be visible when editing an existing entity.
- Once you have added all of the desired sections and fields, click Save.
Please sign in to leave a comment.