This article explains how to create custom entity types within your account. Custom entities allow you to store additional aspects of your brand (e.g., jobs, special offers, or inventory items) in the Yext platform, as well as publish them to your Pages. Each of these custom entity types can have its own set of fields so you can determine which facts to manage and store for each type.
To create an entity type:
- Hover over your name in the top navigation bar and click Account Settings.
- Click Manage Entity Types in the sidebar.
- Click Add Custom Entity Type.
- Enter an Entity Type Name in the textbox.
- (Optional) Enter a plural entity type name.
- This will display within the Yext platform when the entity type is referenced in the plural form.
- (Optional) Enter a description for the Entity type.
- Click Create Custom Entity Type.
- Select the checkboxes next to the fields you would like to add to the entity.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox in the Required column to make it a required field.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox in the Visible on Add column to make the field visible when adding a new entity of this type into the platform.
- If a field is added but not set to visible on add, it will only be visible when editing an existing entity.
- To create a custom field for this entity type, click on the + Create Custom Field link. For more information, see Add Custom Fields.
- Once you have added all of the desired fields, click Save.
- To enable this entity type, click on the drop-down button next to Edit for the desired entity type, and select Enable.